Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How do you transports your ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you transports your ATV?

I bought the Triton XTV model, single ATV, tilt bed trailer with the 12 inch wheels and bearing buddies installed for 750 bucks plus tax in my state. I bought it from an ATV dealer. I think the prices are pretty much standard. I would opt for the ramp gate on it, but I did not. I just use the tilt bed and drive the machine right onto the trailer. Makes the trailer lighter without any accessories added. I like the trailer and it weighs next to nothing. 200 pounds is what that puppy weighs. About half as much as some of the steel ones. Plus, no painting and no rust on these.

An Accent should be fine for shorter distance stuff. My mystique is little larger car and I do not feel it as much as a smaller subcompact would. But if you are using it to go the dealer and short stuff you'll be fine. Keep the tranny out of overdrive and leave room to stop, that is the main key I have found.

If I had to do it again, I might have gone with the next size up as the Brute has about 2 inches on each side and that is all. Get yourself some HIGH Quality tie down straps if you buy one like I did that is a flat bed.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Parking in one space would eliminate the worst part of pulling a trailer...parking lots. It's nice to have more capacity than you need, but it doesn't come free. Guys joke about towing with a small vehicle,(bigger-is-better mentality), I think the jokes on those of us driving full-size trucks...everytime we stop for gas! You couldn't put $70.+ of fuel in your vehicle if you tried. Not to mention, you'd get twice as far with it. More power to ya!

Old 06-19-2006, 02:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lets see...

we have a dodge 2500 that we load the quads into, and we also have a 7x16foot car trailer rated for 7000 pounds that we could fit 4 quads on if we really tried.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

got a 24 ft toy hauler that easly fits four, can put in more if we wanted, and have a sled deck that will hold another two, three or four if we wanted as well. just need some more quads now. and then a bigger garage and a nice shop would do

Old 06-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

Good point Bikenut,

With the 4x8 I can easily pull straight into two spots and not worry about parking far away. I would say the best thing about an aluminum 4x8 is that I can easily stow it in the garage on its side and still get the car and ATV in alright.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer

I load mine in my F-150, use 2x10's for ramps. I stand a pallet on its edge against the cab so i dont put the bumper thru the rear window. I keep it in 4x4, i find it a bit nerve racking, hoping the ramps dont kick out.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

I haul my $5000.00 quad on a $100.00 4 x 8 utility travel behind a $300.00 740 series Volvo. Best truck i ever owned.
Haven't lost it yet!

Old 06-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

I was kind of apprehensive at first about getting a 4x8 trailer for 800 bucks, but I think I should be able to sell a quality aluminum trailer later and not lose much should I want something bigger. These Triton trailers seem really well made and are ultralight. I have seen similiar trailers that people use for 5 years and still get 500 bucks for them. That is not bad at all.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 5' x 10' flat bed trailer when I haul 2 quads. when it is just one or just my motorcycle it goes in the back of my truck. I also just bought a Fleetwood Evolution E2 tent trailer that will also carry an atv.

Fleetwood E2

Old 06-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scrammersam
got a 24 ft toy hauler that easly fits four, can put in more if we wanted, and have a sled deck that will hold another two, three or four if we wanted as well. just need some more quads now. and then a bigger garage and a nice shop would do

Are you talking a toyhauler as in a toybox trailer that has everything like a RV? If so I'd like to see it? I've looked and the only one that can haul 4 quads is a 28-30+ range.

Quick Reply: How do you transports your ATV?