Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help, Having doubts about my 800

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Having doubts about my 800

I had a bolt break on my 400. If you look close at the design, the 1" pin goes into the hub. That pin is actually what keeps the A arm on the hub. When the bolt is loose and allows this pin to come out, it puts tremendous stress on that little bolt. I replace mine and now periodically check the torque to make sure. No problems since. I'm guessing it was not torqued correctly from the factory... people are not fool-proof.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

WOW, I had no idea that his thread had anymore action in it.

UPDATE: The dealer had the quad for 3 weeks now, still waiting on a bushing and a belt. I offered to bring them a bushing from a competitor dealer that has them in stock. They did not like that very much. Apperantly my original post vibrating issue is a bad belt. 250 miles and the belt gives way. No evidence of abuse though. What? The guys on the forum swear I must be abusing this thing. There is no way, that their beloved Polaris product, could screw up without abuse involved, this early in the quads life. Anyway give them another week.

With any luck, I will get the title from Polaris Star before there typical 30 day policy. I have someone interested in the quad. SUCKER!!! The tires/rims/spacers are on ebay! My box will be on too. PM me if intersted in buying the box. $125 plus shiping.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the belt went on my 800 at 350 miles

Old 07-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like abuse to me! LOL!!!

Old 07-29-2006, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider

UPDATE:
My quad is ready now, pick it up Sat. I was shocked that I incurred no charge. From what I know so far, they replaced a belt, lower control arm, carrier bushing, bolt, washer, and both headlight housings. They also did the 2nd service. I sure am glad I got the extended warranty and 5 yr service plan. I am excited to see the bill for repairs. I bet I am very close to paying for the warr. already($750). One more service and that will pay for itself. Dealer charges over $200 for a service, I've had 2, and payed ($650) for 5 year plan. Every 30 hours or 4 monthes, which ever comes first. Anyway, I am thinking of keeping the quad and, as much as I hate this next part, I may just sell the tires and stay stock. My Grizz buddy wins I guess. I can stay on high ground in case he needs me!!!!!

Old 07-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

If your dealer is charging you two hundred bucks to service your four wheeler he's is really hosing you. My dealer charges forty five if he doesn't change the air filter. Oil, grease ,oil filter and check all fluid levels.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Range Rover

CRUD! After looking at some of your pics and reading your threads I am depressed, Man it takes weeks of work and then a kick of bustass just to get out of here and drive 2 hours where we can ride. Some of you folks can get off work and hit some mud and trails before dinner. I think it's time to find some work in NC and put a place on that property Grandpa left me. UUggh! ..........robble-robble-robble *&%@#

Old 09-02-2006, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider

Another update:

I got a questionaire in the mail about my complaint to Polaris. If I respond, I will be entered into a $500 Polaris Store Credit drawing. And see, I figured that nobody would listen.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

I hate to bring this topic of unreliablity back up, but I put another 27.2 miles on it since the rear wheel hub came loose, headlights fell out and belt come apart. Now the water pump mechanical seal is bad. I wonder if anyone will try to prove abuse here?

The next time I am at the grocery store, I am going to look in the produce section, and see if there are any other lemons that come in camo, or if I have the only one!

I think that I will redo my bragging list or signature or whatever it is called, and start putting what breaks and miles/hrs. I mean this is a little ridiculous. You know what the dealer said, YOU WILL LOVE THIS, I should have not bought a Polaris. GREAT, just what I want to hear, from the guys that I have given about $12,500 to(quad, accesories, and service/warranty plans)

Hey my buddies are going to H/M in a couple weeks, anyone want to take my place. My dealer said expect ATLEAST 2-3 weeks before I get it back. 1 week to look at it, 1 week for parts, couple days to repair it. Wish I could change dealers, but I got THERE plan, so I have to go THERE!

Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

im not trying to poke or anything but i have honestly not heard of so many problems from a polaris quad other than yours. im at a loss for words.

Quick Reply: Help, Having doubts about my 800