Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

06' polaris sportsman efi missing and stalling

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06' polaris sportsman efi missing and stalling

my 06 sportsman is missing at about 2900 rpmand it has no codes also sometimes when i come to a stop in will die what the heck is up with that?!!!!!!! any help would be great!! thanks!

Old 06-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ecu problems maybe not getting the right amount of gas at the right time?

Old 06-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Range Rover

How far away is the dealer? I was at the shop the other day and there was the new efi 500 sportsman in there, same problem with hit and miss at certain rpm's. They had it hooked to the computer and couldnt figure it out. They drained the old gas out of everything. They then put injector cleaner in some fresh gas and put that in and it fixed it right up. They think it was both injector and watered gas. Try that and see what happens. Hope this helps, Brian

Old 06-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

mine has been stalling a lot lately too during heavy work. If I'm towing my utility cart with a good load on (enough to seriously compress the suspension), the bike sputters and dies when I come to a stop.

Has anyone else with the red flame "LE" model noticed that the left foot well is chafing the rear fender. I've noticed this on my bike, the display model in the showroom at the dealer and my buddy's bike who has the exact same as me. On the inside of the foot well where it meets the rear fender the foot well is actually touching the rear fender and chaffing down to the base red plastic .. the spacing is maintained on the right foot well, just not on the left.

Seems strage that the only three LE models I've seen, have this problem. .. The dealer to pics to send to Polaris about three weeks ago, but I haven't heard boo from them on it yet.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

redmtn has had the same stalling problem as mine and yours bigfatguy. i got sick of waiting for a fix and sold mine. redmtn resently had his fixed. maybe drop him a PM(private message) and ask what the fix is.

my 500EFI was overheating and stalling. the overheating was solved by the dealer.

~MT

Old 06-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Range Rover

Make sure you inform the dealer on all issues... make an invoice of the problem... I have had my 700 EFI since 04 and have complained a couple of times to the dealer that a couple of hours into my ride it starts idling bad... No codes... and snaps out of after it has cooled a little...
Found a bad fuel pump about a week ago... Polaris would not do anything and the dealer said he couldn't do anything because a case file was never documented...

The Paint Problem will happen on all the LE's I can almost guarantee it... I would suggest the following...
Inform the dealer about it... take pictures of it... and make sure you verify all paint issues before warranty runs out....
My 06 800 EFI LE had a patch just fall off.... and the dealer decided to just give me new panels to put on when I wanted...

Jon

Old 06-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Have your ECM reflashed with the new program, it seems to have fixed my problem with the stalling and improved the performance at the same time. Tell your dealer the reflash is out, it's reprogrammed to align the IAC. Idle air controller. Good luck.