WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!

[quote]
Originally posted by: Fahq

Ford sold over 1.6 million Pinto's. Does that mean that was a good car?
Have a nice day.
I wonder how many Pinto's are still on the road? Not many. It has been years since I have seen one.

How many Jap cars made during the PInto years are still on the road? Millions.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Range Rover

It's actually 16 Oz. in 5 Gal. for a 40:1 mix (or 3.2 Oz./gallon) or 473 ML / 5 gallons. (94.6 ML / gallon)

I've been down this road before in the Kawi forum a couple years ago..........

I had a V-force which pretzeled a tie-rod on it's second ride ever.

Then the tie-rod end separated.
Then it overheated & puked coolant everywhere.
Then the other tie-rod bent.
Then the battery died.
Then one cylinder stopped firing @ idle (with cleaned & tuned perfect carbs., perfect valves, & bright blue perfect spark -- probably head gasket from overheat)
Then I sold it & bought my 800EFI

I had a few guys accuse me of bashing Kawi, and I think one called me a crybaby. The thing is, I just paid $6,000 for the thing & to say I was PISSED OFF would be a huge understatement. I was ready to take a sledghammer to it & drop it off at the dealers' front door.

Now, I've ridden Jap machines my whole life. I've worked on them at home, & at dealerships. I know them inside @ out. There were 2 problems with the V-force:
First, I was riding a sport-quad on the toughest trails in the state (Savoy & Pittsfield, MA state forests in the spring thaw) which are more than likely the toughest in the USA.
Second, you have a 600LB quad with almost the same front-end as a Blaster (which is about 1/2 the weight)

The battery issue is a common problem in dealerships today. The old style batteries that were big & heavy, and had removable caps for adding distilled water (like the one in my Polaris) were more forgiving during the initial charge. Dealerships whip them on the charger while your signing that big pile of paperwork & the second they see that your close to finishing, they run to the back & yell to the guy prepping the machine to "hurry up and get that thing out front"!!!

The new batteries (sealed, maintenance-free) need a nice long slow charge, rather than a superquick high-amp charge that the dealers usually give them. This is most likely why the last 2 brand new Jap machines I bought BOTH had dead batteries within 2 WEEKS!!

So far the only issues I've had with the Polaris were some loose heat shield bolts, and my misunderstanding of Polaris wiring (key switch is OVERRIDDEN BY HANDLEBAR SWITCH!! duh?! master-mechanic Smitty....)

But like everyone has been saying, if it's mechanical, it WILL break. It's just a matter of HOW, WHAT, and WHEN. It's like asking someone which oil is more slippery. Castrol? Mobile1? Golden Spectro? They all lubricate, and do it well.

As for the Ford comment, just go to this link: TRUTH ABOUT TRUCKS and then come back and explain HOW they are junk.

BTW, I own & drive 3 chevys. My daily driver is a 1994 K1500 with 253,368 miles.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

I recall a parallel being drawn between the Pinto and the Polaris but, I don't recall anyone bagging on Ford or Chevy trucks.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

most riders are proude of whatthey drive im guessing or they are driving what they can aford. like i said earlier if its mechical it will break. i dont care what you drive or who drives it if you beat on something something has to break. and by the way i've never driven a pinto but my daily run to work car is a ford aspire. while my 04 gmc sets in the garage.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Range Rover

Fahq, If you read the entire thread from the beginning (ie. page 1 then page 2), my post will make more sense.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

The Pintos are all gone due to exploding on impact from the rear. Probably took their drivers lives as well. I saw it on 20/20. My dads Sportsman 2001 500 has over 380 hours on it now. It had 90 when he bought it back in June of 2002 so we could go retrieving our picnic tables from our neighbors and our dense wooded property after a bad flood here. We own a campground so were talking about 100 or so tables that had to be pulled out of a greasy slimy floodwater left behind mud. It also gets used for all of our spraying duties (30 gallon sprayer mounted on the back rack along with a sprayer boom mounted to the tube bumper). Then theres the power sweeper mounted to the front used to blow sand and gravel left behind from floods back where it belongs. Then it gets played on by myself and my 2 sons (who ride like complete savages getting about 3 feet off the ground off of jumps) all the time and trail ridden. Lets say this things had a hard life since we got it. Well finally this year it needed some repairs and it doesn't get maintained probably like it should. A rear cv boot ripped and the clutch went out of it. About 5 hundred later shes going like a tank once again. This is why I bought a holdover 05 700 efi this year along with the great price I got it for. As far as Ford goes I've owned many and all were great except a sheiotbox Windstar I owned. Total lemon there. I drive a Dodge Truck now. All brands can have lemons and those who realize and accept that are probably just like me on the matter. Neutral, Brian

Old 07-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

smitty4, I stand corrected. Thanks!

Old 07-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

The fellow that started this forum just wanted to start some crap. He knows Polaris is well built machines, hes jealous. Every time I go riding with my buddy's we never knock each other machines. My Buddy's the have other brands love my Polaris, Wish they would have got a Polaris.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: propolaris
The fellow that started this forum just wanted to start some crap. He knows Polaris is well built machines, hes jealous. Every time I go riding with my buddy's we never knock each other machines. My Buddy's the have other brands love my Polaris, Wish they would have got a Polaris.
That might be stretching a little. I ride with polaris all the time, and i like them, but i have never wished i would buy one. If someone wishes to buy a Polaris, there isnt any reason not to, they are actually fairly cheap compared to other brands, I think bom is top price, AC is next, Yamaha........

Old 07-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Well pricing must be much different in my neck of the woods. I think I paid just as much for my 800 that I would a Bomb. Maybe slightly less. Although I seriously doubt it. I like Bombs though. I think I would buy one. I don't know that I trust it as a utility though. I don't know that it is a working mans machine. There are rumors of some issues with the frame. Oh and I agree. The thread starter is a complete utter troll.

Quick Reply: WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!