Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 05:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!

My 95 Explorer 400 4x4 is a great wheeler!
I never have had a problem really and I use the hell out of it all year round with all the snow here in Minnesota!
It goes through stuff that seems impossible and begs for more!!!

Old 07-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

I notice over the years that Honda and John Deere owners bragg about how great the machine is, but never tell about how many time they have been back to dealer for repairs or issues.

Gee, a Polaris with problems, first time I ever heard of such a thing!

1994 Polaris 400L........................5600 miles, never back for warranty
2000 500 Magnum 4x4.................680 miles, speed sensor, dealer sent part to me and I fixed myself
2000 400 Scrambler 2x4...............3 yrs ridding, never back for warranty work (1 trip to Glamis)
2003 400 Trailblazer 2x4..............3 yrs ridding, never back for warranty work(2 trips to Glamis)
still running stock piston, pull 60" trailmower with this one
Drag race it at KCIR drag strip in KC MO
1999 416cc BUBBA BIKE..................2 yrs of drag racing and beating all the locals. 2 times to Glamis
Blew it up this year, after 100+ gallons of Methanol over 14 months

My two Kawasaki's were great, 400 & 650 Prairie's, but they went back to dealer a number of times.
400 2 times then the front end recall. the 650 8 times then the front end recall. 650 had 4000 miles when sold. 400 no spedo.

Check track record..........Polaris wins here......................handycap

Old 07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Honda beats all. 93 fourtrax, rode for 13yrs, still going strong with no major problems

Old 07-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

This will be my only reply to this thread because it is riduculas! I'm on my second Polaris and no problems I put 2500 miles on my 04 sportsman and I now have 800 miles on my 05 sportsman, Now if you want to point fingers
i have a buddy that has went through 3 bruteforce engines. Two more friends can't keep their 650 Honda's out of the shop. Another buddy has the 800 bomb and it has had a lot of problems.It pisses me to hear a statement like that. What exactly are you running pal and how is it holding up? This is just another stupid attemt to start a brand bashing war of words. Grow up. how about approaching the subject in a mature way and ask some intellegent questions

Old 07-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Trailblazer

I had a 95 and 98 Xplorer with 3800 & 4300 miles and they ran great. I just got a X2 and so far I love it.
One buddy purchased a Kodiak as his first 4 wheeler because he got a deal on it. He now wishes he would of bought a Polaris.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

craw8101...Man dont go around putting other peoples quads down...Man thats not good..I dont go saying bad things about the pred when i meet one on the drag strip and half track him..And you only time you will see me saying anything about a pred is when i picking on webopper or spyder6...But They know im just playing...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

One buddy purchased a Kodiak as his first 4 wheeler because he got a deal on it. He now wishes he would of bought a Polaris.

Thats actually funny, my buddy has a 700sp, and wishes he would have bought an Arctic Cat![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
But he rides with me alot, and hes had numerous problems(LEMON, im not blaming polaris) his 4x4 went out, it wont stay running, it cuts out..... I actually looked at Sportsmans, thinking i was going to buy one, because i had a Polaris sled. But i was drawn into the 3yr warranty, ground clearance, speedrack, and V-Twin motor.

Old 07-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: craw8101
My friend got the 06 500 efi its been to the shop 2 times in 60 miles electrical and overheating ? I think polaris is like cadillac of a.t.v`s it looks good, plush seat, great ride, best features, but breaks down and cost too much. Were do they get there motors ???? now its idleing ruff he wants to drive into the window of the dealer. He has only been on dirt roads nothing serious. Can anyone tell me if this company can ever compete with the japanese a.t.v`s with the motor not suspension. Im really sick of hearing about the ride and suspension yeah its great if you can get it to start. I think there doing what GM did they know everyone has one so they will charge top price and nickel and dime you to death. But will someone tell me if they are going to change the motor cause i like all the other features but cant afford to risk it. I like the dump bed too really sweet.
You can get a bad one with any brand......There isnt any thing wrong with there motors...If your friend had researched and his dealer had been worth a crap he"d known there where some issues with the 500 that should have been corrected before he left the dealership,but I think the true agenda of your post was to Bash Polaris so why dont you get your buddy to trade for a rice burner so you and him can be happy...

Old 07-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: v2rider

Thats actually funny, my buddy has a 700sp, and wishes he would have bought an Arctic Cat![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
But he rides with me alot, and hes had numerous problems(LEMON, im not blaming polaris) his 4x4 went out, it wont stay running, it cuts out..... I actually looked at Sportsmans, thinking i was going to buy one, because i had a Polaris sled. But i was drawn into the 3yr warranty, ground clearance, speedrack, and V-Twin motor.
I havent talked with very many 700SP owners that truly love thier machines and have seen numerous problems from them.Not so many from the 800s.As for the 500EFI Polaris will get the bugs out of the EFI and cooling systems.
I will bet as all the manufacturers go to more electrical and compuer assisted components on atvs ther ewill be more and more issues.I hope my 02 500 Scrammy holds up a long time because it IS one of the most depenable machines I have owned.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats true. My uncle has an 800efi sp and loves it!

Quick Reply: WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!