Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!

bla bla bla...

lets go ride'n

Old 07-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

way to many breakdowns with my 04 500ho/axles,cv joint,cracked clucth,3belts,stator,plunger joints loose on the rear.buddies i ride with are glad they never made the same mistake as me and bought a polaris!!! will never buy anotherone,polaris makes lemons.repair shops are full of polaris crap...

Old 07-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ftwflh
I havent talked with very many 700SP owners that truly love thier machines and have seen numerous problems from them.Not so many from the 800s.As for the 500EFI Polaris will get the bugs out of the EFI and cooling systems.
I will bet as all the manufacturers go to more electrical and compuer assisted components on atvs ther ewill be more and more issues.I hope my 02 500 Scrammy holds up a long time because it IS one of the most depenable machines I have owned.

I truely love my machine....no breakdowns here.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: okiedude
I havent talked with very many 700SP owners that truly love thier machines and have seen numerous problems from them.Not so many from the 800s.As for the 500EFI Polaris will get the bugs out of the EFI and cooling systems.
I will bet as all the manufacturers go to more electrical and compuer assisted components on atvs ther ewill be more and more issues.I hope my 02 500 Scrammy holds up a long time because it IS one of the most depenable machines I have owned.

ftwflh, I'm kind of suprised at your response on this. I know you've been on here quite some time, and usually hit it right. I seem to see more people having problems with the 800's and 500 efi's according to the amount of posts on here. The 700's haven't been plagued with these same problems that have been brought up over and over on the 800's and 500 efi's. All the people I've run up with on 700's have had very few problems with them. My only complaint has been with too soft springs on the front suspension, which are the same on the 500's and 800's also. From what had been posted previously on here it appeared that the safe bet was with the 700 which did not have the problems that were showing up on the other models. I push my 700efi pretty hard for a heavy utility machine, and other than the soft front springs and one front flat it has been bulletproof so far.( will try to post some mind blowing videos of the rough stuff we ride in in the next month. Currently updating computer system and still don't have everthing set up for that yet) Most people can't believe a utility quad can go that fast through the rough stuff. I've made believers of many so far. Like okiedude I too have to say I'm pretty fond of my 700 also, and so far everything has held up well. ftwflh; let us know what problems you're seeing so we can keep an eye out for them. Thanks

Old 07-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris is the shyyyyyt... Must be the 700's, because as i've stated before, i WORK my quad, hauling deer, some extreme mudding, DEEP water, Gunning that throttle all the time, and not ONE problem. i Love the ride, the "feel", the features, and just everything about it. And brian33 cry me a river, and go buy a Jap quad.
----------------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (Green)
'27 ITP 589 M/S Tires
on ITP Type 5 Wheels
3000 lb. Warn Winch
3-Way Headlight Mod
High Lifter Lift Kit

2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 Mossy Oak - STOLEN
2001 Honda Rancher ES 350
Sold

Old 07-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Fireslayer
Originally posted by: okiedude

ftwflh, I'm kind of suprised at your response on this. I know you've been on here quite some time, and usually hit it right. I seem to see more people having problems with the 800's and 500 efi's according to the amount of posts on here. The 700's haven't been plagued with these same problems that have been brought up over and over on the 800's and 500 efi's. All the people I've run up with on 700's have had very few problems with them. My only complaint has been with too soft springs on the front suspension, which are the same on the 500's and 800's also. From what had been posted previously on here it appeared that the safe bet was with the 700 which did not have the problems that were showing up on the other models. I push my 700efi pretty hard for a heavy utility machine, and other than the soft front springs and one front flat it has been bulletproof so far.( will try to post some mind blowing videos of the rough stuff we ride in in the next month. Currently updating computer system and still don't have everthing set up for that yet) Most people can't believe a utility quad can go that fast through the rough stuff. I've made believers of many so far. Like okiedude I too have to say I'm pretty fond of my 700 also, and so far everything has held up well. ftwflh; let us know what problems you're seeing so we can keep an eye out for them. Thanks

The main thing that my buddys have with the 700 is belts slipping in hi range.And the power isnt as much as they thought it should be.The 800s seem to do better.As for the 500s I dont like the idea of the EFI due to the fact that I keep a machine along time and I dont know how the sensors and compuer will hold up over the years.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

some facts--- the 600/700/800 are 100% american designed and built in MN. The remainder of the ATV engines are built by fuji, which is a subaru company, in Japan. These engines do have their lemons & demons within, but they are few and far between.

I've found that most honda owners don't like to admit to faults in their machines, even on message boards. I somehow burned up the rings in my new foreman 450 3 months after I purchased it new-- it was amazing what kind of support I found on a message board and how many people told me about their similar problem, but it wasn't posted on the board. I can't say the same for kawasaki because I didn't use message boards when I owned it.

Polaris is the industry leader in innovation and new ideas on ATVs-- IRS, EFI, built-in storage boxes, big bore machines, etc--- they change their machines often enough to be on top of the industry. I do understand that a machine that is the same 5 years after it was released will not have as many problems (ie more time to de-bug it)--- such as many of the japanese models for awhile... it took the push of BRP and polaris to make them change. I've heard several Scrammy owners say they haven't had any problems-- like the jap machines, the scrammy hasn't undergone major changes in 4-5 years... hence it's dependability.

My opinion is that one lemon owner that switched to polaris ruins the name by throwing such a large fit about the machine---if you do get a lemon and the dealer isn't being helpful about replacing it, try contacting polaris directly-- they don't like unhappy riders and will probably work to help you. It is posts like this that twist up the polaris name. I'm sure the honda owners would have a stroke if i said "why honda is crap" and talked about that engine that burned up (which, was not covered under warranty--they blamed me for the burnt up rings).

Old 07-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

I had to work on my jap quads way more than my Polaris that i have. My cousin bought a 06 v2ac with 400 miles on it and has to put a new motor on it, He glad it was under warranty. Ill stick with Polaris.

Quick Reply: WHY IS POLARIS CRAP !!!!!