Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

*please wear your helmet*(split in two)**PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *please wear your helmet* (mine is split in two)

well here it is.

I went out wheeling on my sp500 saterday with a freind n his grizz660, About 2 miles from home my gearbox went out on me lotts of horrid noise's.(this is where a lot of bad choises come in to play).I pulled ot 40ft of my wintch cable
and put it on his rear hitch and he began to pull me home.
So we get going and he is going way to fast I put on my breakes and start yelling %^&%$%@%!!!!
when he pulls over I notice my break lever on the bars pulled all the way to the grip,I give two more pulls
and every thing feels ok and wee get going again. but this time he decides to take the road instead of staying on
the trail and proceeds to take me to 40mph I start yelling once more but this time he locks up his breaks
and I now have no breaks what so ever................
when i shoot past him at 40mph I see the wintch cable sparking on the street, OHHHHH SH*TTTTTTT
the next thing I no or can remember is Im laying in the middle of rt 100 and cant tell witch way is up. when I get
to the hospital I'm told I and my sp500 went over 100ft end over end when that cable ran out of slack.
MY helmet was split from lower back edge center to the top center, split the foam and cloth to all the way up.
I was informed by the hospital staff the I would not have survived a head injury like this wth out a lid.
please put them on every time you ride.
lucky for me I had no other signifasint injerys than scrapes and pulled musels every where you can think of
Oh yah a pritty bad concusion too i still cant stand with out being dizzy and my head is verry foggy have
trouble thinking strate they say it will get better in 2 or 3 days

OH yah the quad is toast will need a lot of tlc to get it on the rad again

***PLEASE PUT ON YOUR LIDS*** THEN RIDE IT, LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Old 07-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Glad your Ok.
You need new friends.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree you need new friends.When you get to feeling better you need to thump that guy on the head a few times to knock some sense into him.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Trailblazer

Dewd...

thats wild! glad to hear you lid worked as it should. Your one lucky rider. Its often the way that ride time never bears an accident. The fooling around before and after ride time tends to be where things go wrong.

Got any pics of the metal?

Old 07-03-2006, 09:54 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Im glad to hear you survived the tow home kabkbak. Id make sure that guy never tows anyone else anywhere unless he learned from this experience. I always dress for the crash and not the ride.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: kabkbak
well here it is.

I went out wheeling on my sp500 saterday with a freind n his grizz660, About 2 miles from home my gearbox went out on me lotts of horrid noise's.(this is where a lot of bad choises come in to play).I pulled ot 40ft of my wintch cable
and put it on his rear hitch and he began to pull me home.
So we get going and he is going way to fast I put on my breakes and start yelling %^&%$%@%!!!!
when he pulls over I notice my break lever on the bars pulled all the way to the grip,I give two more pulls
and every thing feels ok and wee get going again. but this time he decides to take the road instead of staying on
the trail and proceeds to take me to 40mph I start yelling once more but this time he locks up his breaks
and I now have no breaks what so ever................
when i shoot past him at 40mph I see the wintch cable sparking on the street, OHHHHH SH*TTTTTTT
the next thing I no or can remember is Im laying in the middle of rt 100 and cant tell witch way is up. when I get
to the hospital I'm told I and my sp500 went over 100ft end over end when that cable ran out of slack.
MY helmet was split from lower back edge center to the top center, split the foam and cloth to all the way up.
I was informed by the hospital staff the I would not have survived a head injury like this wth out a lid.
please put them on every time you ride.
lucky for me I had no other signifasint injerys than scrapes and pulled musels every where you can think of
Oh yah a pritty bad concusion too i still cant stand with out being dizzy and my head is verry foggy have
trouble thinking strate they say it will get better in 2 or 3 days

OH yah the quad is toast will need a lot of tlc to get it on the rad again

***PLEASE PUT ON YOUR LIDS*** THEN RIDE IT, LIKE YOU STOLE IT

Sorry for your bad luck, but damn, the way you told your story cracked me up. After you get home and recover, fix your bike, after the bike is fixed call your buddy that towed you at mach 1, and tell him you have some good trails to ride down in Victor, Arkansas. Leave the rest to me. I can't promise that he will be a better friend, but he will know how to eat a steak through a straw. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Range Rover

Glad you are alright. After you are better and you get your er' fixed, have him lay on the ground and monster truck him with your quad.......pretend you are GRAVE DIGGER.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

upladed some small picks

yes I'll send him your way

Old 07-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default *please wear your helmet*(split in two)**PICS**

Holy crap that sounded like one hell of a ride. Not to smart for anyone to pull you 40 mph down the road. You are quite lucky. I also would be interested in seeing how your 4 wheeler looks now to.

I also had to crack up a little just imagining how that must of looked. I am glad you are ok though and hope you will be able to tell this story and laugh about it some in the future to. Hope it can be fixed...

Rob

Old 07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default *please wear your helmet*(split in two)**PICS**

Glad to hear that yer ok after that.

My question is.......WTF's the damn hurry to get flying down the road like that being towed????

I don't get it. These quads are made to perform the way they do UNDER THEIR OWN POWER. I can see 15...maybe 20 mph MAX getting towed behind another vehicle. And considering you were connected to his machine via a winch cable, I'dda aimed my bike right into the back of his and shared the foolishness and expense of what you knew was going to be a QUICK stop anyways !!!

Fair is fair in my eyes. I bet his quad didn't get much bruisin like you and yours did.

After replying to your post I checked out the aftermath of your quad.

Next time something like this happens where you have to be towed and they purposly stop like they did, I'd DEFFINETLY RAM THE DUMBA$$!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: *please wear your helmet*(split in two)**PICS**