Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

Originally posted by: GrizzlyAdams01
Great videos guys! I always like backflips and my favorite part of the hillclimb was the crashes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The silver thing was an old cell phone that we found on the trail. We had this "bright idea" that it would be funny to pretend like "Zed" was talking on it and then throw it in the mud when a bunch of people were around... No, we didn't pick it up afterwards, but it was there before us; feel free to complain SafteySean. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

As for riding in the stream, you can't tell me that those ATVs do any more damage to the environment than the thousands of boats that pollute it every year...

Comments?
yes, that's a tough situation. When I go riding, I don't pick up all the trash, I would need a dump truck behind me on some of the trails. It's unfortunate that people can't take out what they bring in. Right or wrong, at least you were honest in what you did.
They try to stop the world final jet ski race here every year from all the pollution the skis put into the lake. It's another fact of life we all have to put up with, but with 4 stroke technology, it will eventually get better. Probably not the best comment, but boats are fun, too.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer
Default New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660

I tossed the phone in the mudd....................Like Grizz said...........I found it there, it was ment to be funny, no wait, it was funny!! As far as the river rides go it's all computer superimposed, our wheelers never touched the water so Safety Sean and any other people offended by the videos can grab their talking bass from the living room wall & their bag of fish eggs, suggle up to them, and get a good night sleep under their Al gore blanket.

Wow what has happened to people????????

Old 07-05-2006, 01:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

lol, kinda harsh but i agree with the fact that quads dont do any damage when there driving around in water like that

i was riding through deep water, and a farmer saw me, chased me in my truck, and stopped me, then told me i was destroying the "frogs" natural habitat..he stalked me down the ditch from the road for like 2 miles to

Old 07-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: SafetySean
I liked watching the video but wasn't overly impressed with one guy throwing what looked like a beer can into the mud. I have to wonder also what kind of damage that this type of riding is doing to the aquatic environment. Are these fish bearing streams that you are riding in? Don't think by my comments that I am an eco-freak or anything but I do hate garbage being thrown around & wanton destruction of aquatic environments as these things are the ammunition that the eco-freaks use when trying to limit/close riding areas to ATV users.
WOW Sean....after watching a video like that, you came up with a reply that came from left field. After watching it, I had a dozen questions or comments and none where negtive.

AWESOME video grizz.......keep up the good work.

Oh btw....nice wheelies in the mud!!!!

Old 07-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Range Rover

Hmm...touch a nerve there guys? Well I did enjoy watching the video as stated earlier and I especially liked watching the guy doing the wheelies on the Grizzley - lot of skill there. But anyone who thinks that incursions into an aquatic environment such as that does no harm or has no effect on the area has their head up their hole. I am not an eco-freak as stated earlier but I am realistic about the effects that certain activities have on the environment as well as what we, as ATV users, do that ultimately whip our own butts when it comes to access to riding areas. You may want to bury your head in the mud by stating that I wasn't the first to do it and I won't be the last but that doesn't change the facts as to the damage being done to both the environment and the image of ATVing.

As for throwing the cell phone in the mud...if you took the trouble to pick it up then you could have taken it home & disposed of it properly. I am not saying that you are supposed to spend your day picking up other peoples garbage but at least pack out what you pack in. If everybody did this then it would be a start.

Now I know that this post will not be popular with a lot of you but what I am saying is true. I have spent 20 years in heavy, civil construction as a Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Manager. I have participated in, and lead, many environmental impact studies prior to startup of projects. I also know that vidoes such as this only give ammunition to the eco-freaks that want to further restrict our riding areas. You may not like what I am saying but I don't think anyone can argue its accuracy. Oh, but then again this never happened...its all computer generated.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

Awsome video Grizzly,looks like you had a great day.To bad theres one in every crowd(hole).Like you said in the begining "if you like it holla back,if you don't keep quiet"guess not every one saw that part.Makes ya just wanna rip it up even more. Mudrooster

Old 07-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Too funny, I was just thinking about the "damage" our wheelers could cause to the river and then it occurred to me that every year the ice moves every part of the river around, i.e. sand bars, fallen trees, the depth in certain areas. In other words the eco system & " aquatic environment" you speak of gets ravaged every year by Mother Nature. Just a thought.

As far as the cell phone thing I look at it this way I brought out everything I took in...Yes I think I heard that somewhere. This is fun.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

Attaboy Mudrooster...you go out & rip it up some more until you've got nowhere to ride. I am sure the rest of the ATV industry & responsible riders will send you a thank-you note.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

Mudrooster, I share your opinion, my thoughts exactly. Me and the other riders here share this thought also.........We rode there before they made it a route & will ride there after it's not!

You see Sean everything is about the money these wheelers bring in, for every route someone might close 10 more open. Nothing can stop atv routes from opening up around the country at a blistering pace, Nothing! Like it or not it's all about the MONEY! I love it.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks mister responsable ride. I will check my mail.When I get back from rippin it up,killin frogs and all other aquatic life.

Quick Reply: New Muddin Video - 3 Polaris 800's; 2 Polaris 700's; Bombardier 800; Grizzly 660