Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

X2 rear box/bag

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default X2 rear box/bag

I would like to see a U-shaped box that would use the lock and ride system of attachment. It would, ideally, go up above the rim of the dump box by about 6 inches or so. I would put a lid on the left side, the middle, and the right side for seperate storage. And, I would make it so you could add a box in place of the seat when the seat is down and you are riding single, with its own lid. They do have fabric sidesaddle bags and a single gear bag now, but fabric wears out over time.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X2 rear box/bag

The more I think about it and reading some comments on the forum here I think it would be nice to have a large box that can clip in and have a seat built into it so you can take the second seat off and have a larger comfortable seat built into the box with side arm rests. Granted it would take away the rear box/cargo area but it would be a option and could be removed if need be.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default X2 rear box/bag

Smith, While your at it it would be nice to see a attachment that can hold a gas can plus cooler behind the lock n ride box for a sportsman model. Also the box needs to be 3 to 4 inches taller.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default X2 rear box/bag

Some good ideas there, I want room for a small cooler, room for rain wear and coat plus a few small tools and what have you.
You know, what would be really cool ... is a center box or? which can go out beyond the tail gate (tailgate down) when riding 2 up, and then to go back into box when 1 up.
All this with smaller bags/boxes on each side that work 2 up or single.
And like the other guy said, and higher sides .
There is a challenge for you

Old 10-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default X2 rear box/bag

Thanks, For all the input. Many of the features you have mentioned I have been looking into incorporating into the design. We will soon be starting the design process because we recieved the rear box of the atv today so now we can take some measurements and look into it more realistically. Thanks for all the ideas and keep them coming. It will pretty surly be a lock and ride accessory, and it will be a plastic box, thats about all I can tell you at the moment.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default X2 rear box/bag

I would definitely like to see a higher back and maybe some armrests.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Range Rover
Default X2 rear box/bag

Hey Smith- glad to see you asking these questions. Like most on here some sort of of U-shape bag or hard box to form around the passenger backrest and incorperate Arm rests of some kind or some sort of lock-n-ride cooler/gas can rack, kinda like what is already available for the standard racks on the sportsmans. And this may not be your department but a Rear bumper would be really great and while the set is adiquete the opening on the box is not, I notice when riding in extreme hills and such my wife is also complaining that her legs are getting jammed into the sides of the bed. She can't move her legs out of the way due to the sides of the bed where the hand helds are. I was contiplating taking my SAW Sazz and cutting it open but decided against it.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Range Rover
Default X2 rear box/bag

I just purchased a '07 Limited Edition X2 500!

In my "Dear Polaris" thread several weeks ago I expressed my displeasure with Polaris for not offering a more comfortable passenger seat. My wife wanted to be at least as comfortable on the new machine as she was on the Kimpex Deluxe seat on our ?01 Sportsman.

But I couldn't make a final deal with the BRP dealer. And when my wife sat on the Outlander she didn't like the seat, although it was much better then the X2 seat.

My wife asked the dealer why the old Kimpex seat couldn't be used on the X2. Actually, there was no reason. The X2 backrest is held by two bolts that can be removed with a 1/2 " ratchet box end in seconds. The old Kimpex seat fits into the box nicely and is easily secured at the 4 corners with toggle bolts. (There are other seats that fit into the box snugly.) This solves the problem of an uncomfortable seat and at the same time provides lots of storage.

The Kimpex seat is about 4" higher then the X2 seat and therefore higher footrests are necessary.

I tried to attach a picture but failed!

Old 10-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Range Rover
Default X2 rear box/bag

Ebel here are your pix

KIMPEX SEAT

KIMPEX SEAT

Old 10-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default X2 rear box/bag

Now that is what I am talking about for the rear box and seat combo. I don't need to use the rear dump box but want a comfy second seat for the woman so she isn't nagging in my ear the whole time. The pics of it look great.

Quick Reply: X2 rear box/bag