Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

POLARIS SPORTSMAN 500 H.O buy new or used

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLARIS SPORTSMAN 500 H.O buy new or used

POLARIS SPORTSMAN 500 H.O there one on ebay right heres the linkhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem
hope thats works i am still new. dont know if i want buy new used because there a Kawasaki dealer that become a polaris dealer too but not sure. just want here your take on this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me...anything cheap enuff is a good buy. I bet the reserve is high though. If I could buy it cheap...I wiuldnt hesitate.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Be carfull there has been a lot of scams in sell's on ebay.
Just make sure your covered

Old 07-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah, for sure. theres some dickwad on Ebay trying to sell an 06 predator useing my pictures. like actually my pictures i have posted on here. every time someone finds him and sends me the auction on ebay it gets closed down.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looks like good deal. The seller has a good record. I'd jump on it if the location was close by where I lived.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Well I decided to get the sportsman 500 on ebay. and I cant wait to get it and ride it on the trails.
I assume it will be way differnet then the warrior. but ride nice like the trailboss.
for some reason I like having both sport and utility. The trailboss and warrior both atv are great in my Opinion.
but i need a fourwheel drive so I can make more trails on the farm my grandfather has in wisconsin.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

I highly recommend against buying off ebay!!!

My brother purchased an atv off ebay... it was a mess when he received it and he'd already sent the money. After 4 months of ebay's arbitration program, ebay let the guy off and my brother was stuck with an atv needing ~$1500 repair. He did try to speak directly with the guy, but the guy just hung up the phone on him. I know the guy wasn't suffering... he had several garages with old muscle cars and newer sports cars... so please be very careful. If you can look it over first, i'd be much more confident with it.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i almost bought one as well on ebay,then i found out it was a bogus wheeler and reported him to ebay which quickly took it off and banded the user name so beware of the real good deals.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: gt350tsc
Well I decided to get the sportsman 500 on ebay. and I cant wait to get it and ride it on the trails.
I assume it will be way differnet then the warrior. but ride nice like the trailboss.
for some reason I like having both sport and utility. The trailboss and warrior both atv are great in my Opinion.
but i need a fourwheel drive so I can make more trails on the farm my grandfather has in wisconsin.
If you are wanting sport and ute why not look at the 500Scrambler?
On the Ebay thing I bought my 500 Scrambler on there 3 yrs ago and it was a cherry.Be sure to call the seller on the phone and ask all the questions you can think of
Be sure it is within driving distance to pick it up so if it is junk you are only out the deposit if that.It is like buying any used machine you have to look it over good.You can tell if one has been ragged bad.But used is the way to go let that first fool loose his but on the new one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

got my sportsmans this afternoon around 5:00 pm and of course I got a title with it. it a one owner.
i road it up on the trailer no problems. I'm going to get the title transfered and trail ridding tomorrow.

Quick Reply: POLARIS SPORTSMAN 500 H.O buy new or used