Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How to enhance Scrambler performance in the woops?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to enhance Scrambler performance in the woops?

Hey guys,

As posted in the other posts i'm selling the Busted Predator to clear a spot for an '07 KTM 525 machine. However, since it breaks every time i ride it i don't want to take it when we go up north for my buddy's bachelor party. Now the problem: The riding up there can get wooped out pretty severely (especially at tin cup if you've been there you know) which is awesome on the the Predator. Last time we were there i was between 4th and 5th most of the way around that triplling woops and just flying in general for the entire loop. Now if i have to take the scrammer i don't immagine that bucking bronco of a machine will be anywhere close to that level of performance in the woops. However if there's anything i can do to help it for cheap i will. I know Hot Set has a double rate setup for the fronts, has anyone tried that? That's what i'm currently looking at, but i've heard they actually bottom easier, is that true? I know the biggest enhancement will come from riding that thing for a while again ahead of time, but i was wonderriing if the HSP springs were a good buy or if you know of some other comperable product. THANKS!

Old 07-12-2006, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider

I would say the biggest improvement would be the Works front struts ($280) and rear shock ($480).

Fox has fronts too.

I'm going to get the Works front gas struts eventually .
I wouldn't bother with the Progressive preload adjustable springs , maybe the HSP would help some, waiting for EPI to make HD springs for the long travel fronts.

Jim

Old 07-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm... seems 300ish w/ shipping is a little much to spend for just one weekend, i was thinking more like 200 or less... oh well, after i get the '07 the scrammer will be parked and only driven every couple weeks by me to keep it fresh, or whenever my girlfriend wants to ride w/ us, so i think the new struts would be wasted $ for me. Thanks for the info tho! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] haven't talked scrambler modds in a long time, i used to know a lot of this stuff, lol.

again, anyone who has tried the HSP double rates up front please let me know how those are, but otherwise, it's probably staying stock...

P.S. FYI for all those replying my '02 scrammer X is a 2X4, as i know that effects suspension performance significantly. thanks!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the works struts were one of the best investments I have made, they do make the bike way better in the whoops but not perfect. its farly limited by design.

the progressives work about 80% as good(in rough stuff) but they are very stiff and get really fatigueing when not aggresively riding.

I plan to have my stock long travel rear or a short travel model rebuilt by pep, the works rear shock would be cool but thats alot of money IMO.