Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

do not buy off

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default do not buy off

cove side wheel and ski in newport,me. if you dont want any kind of warranty or fair work done. i've bought over 20,000 worth of wheelers plus from these a..@# and this is how i get treated when i have issuses w/ my 800. never again will buy anything from these jerks. just a quick last screw over note, i had my rear cv joint replaced because of a boot rip which cost me around 250.00 and now the same damn one they put on the clamp came off (with no damage to it or the boot) and you guesses it the cv is gone again in only about 30 miles of riding it. they said that they checked the records and said it wasnt that one they fixed. i know im a little stupid i guess but i'm sure that i would remeber which one i had to fix not to mention the slip i have to prove it.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do not buy off

Stendori, Remember I'd mentioned their attitude there, when you suggested I look for my next Polaris from them? Ther are tooooo much in love with themselves and guess what, that leaves NO LOVE or service after the sale, for their Loyal Customers.......Sorry you had to find out the hard way. I'd write directly to Polaris and demand that a different dealer take care of this problem. They listen, and also need to hear that Coveside is screwing you. I bet they never even checked OR changed the original CV joint......just threw in some heavy grease and a new boot on it.......

Old 07-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Range Rover
Default do not buy off

It really sucks when customers get treated like crap from their dealer. After all its the money that you spend that puts bread on their tables and keeps a roof over their head. Go to Polaris and lodge an official complaint and hopefully you will get some satisfaction. I love my dealer here in Newfoundland - Coastal Marine - 2 ATV purchases plus service & accessories and never a complaint. Heck, if I am too busy to bring my bike in for something they will have one of their employees stop at my house on his way to work & pick the bike up...bring it back too.

Now my local Ski-Doo dealership is a horse of a different color. I have bougt 2 sleds from them plus service & accessories and each transaction is more painful than the last. Next dealer is about 2 hours away so I am in a bit of a pickle when I need stuff. I did lodge an official complaint with Bombardier and I must say that the attitude towards me changed quite quickly. While they did what I wanted the hostility was quite evident - anyway screw them. I have told as many people as possible about my experiences and to buy elsewhere. My next sled will be purchased elswhere & I will stock up on oil & stuff so I am not stuck dealing with these tools.

So Stendori...I know how you feel. Complain to Polaris, take your business elsewhere & let everyone you come across know what you have gone through.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default do not buy off

I'd also got the the local chapter of the BBB and file complaints about that dealer. You may also want to walk in the sales department and talk to the general manager or the owner and show them your paper work. They may jump in and help you out. I'd do it on a Saturday when they show

Old 07-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default do not buy off

actually it was the oweners i was dealing with. i went another dealer today and talked to them and got the complaint number to call polaris direct. i will a little later when i cool down. thanks for the come back guys.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Range Rover
Default do not buy off

Het Sten, any update on your situation? Will

Old 07-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default do not buy off

I think Polaris, or any other brand ATV dealer, would want to know if a dealer is treating customers unfairly. I know some dealers get some very irrational customers in wanting warranty work, but the good dealers know how to deal with these customers and keep everyone happy. So please, write Polaris & let them know.

As another suggestion to everyone--- shouldn't we write Polaris (or any ATV company) when we receive good service? This would ensure that dealer stays on the map & help the dealer/manufacturer in the long run.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default do not buy off

Two sides on that coin.

Shouldn't we expect good service from any dealer? But if your dealer goes beyond the norm, they do deserve some type of recognition.

I have had nothing but good dealings with Cycle Town South in Dallas. Just got a price on a new Preddy that was below the ex, and z that I've looked at.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Range Rover
Default do not buy off

Duffus...I actually did that after buying my last truck. I changed brands so I went to a different dealership than usual. I was so impressed with the professional manner of the salesman that I wrote an email to owner of the dealership. I tell you when I go in for service or anything I am treated like royalty. In the bigger picture we should all acknowledge good service cuz its something that is getting less & less. I am not saying that you should praise someone up for doing their job but when they go the extra distance recognize it.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default do not buy off

the real funny thing is guys that i have to deliver freight to this dealer like i had to today and not one word was said to me about my wheeler and i didnt say anything expect being professional. it really sucks for me because i would really like tp let them have it. i guess the biggest thing that boths me is i dont being called a liar or being treated like im stupid and not knowing what side i had to PAY for to be fixed. i got the polaris customer serive no#(763)417-8650 from another dealer and said if i felt screwed to call it. but another post i just read that the guy called and pretty much got laughed at so who knows. i email the cv man and got a price for a rebuild kit of 40.00 so i might just pull it apart and fix it as i have no wheeler to ride.