Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris improves profit margin!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris improves profit margin!!!!!!!!

in a recent press release polaris boasted an improvment in their profit magin due to improvemnt in quality and by cutting costs......what?! ......how?!!!! ask the owners of the 06 polaris 500efi how that quality has been for them, and cutting costs sounds like cuuting jobs and benifits or cheap product to me!!!!!! polaris need to wake up quick and take care of all of us!! hope you boys at polaris read this and tell someone who matters!!!!!

Old 07-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

I have owned 7 new polarises and had 3 warranty claims - never was I given a bit of trouble .

Select your dealer carefully , they have a lot of the say in warranty claims .

Polaris is a publicly traded company - if you think they are making a ton of money just buy some stock .

I WANT my dealer to make good money so they stay in business - polaris is weeding out the so-so dealers .

Rick Ritter

Old 07-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im having some issues w/ my wheeler and a certain dealer but im not going to let one bad apple so to speak turn me off from polaris and the good experince i've had.

Old 07-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

well in my case ive very limited problems w/ any one my sportsman. so why dont you put on the forum what is the safety isuse w/ the sportsman that their telling so we'll watch out for.thanks

Old 07-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i dont know what you would call a safety issue but hear is the list for my brand new 06 sportsman 500EFI (witch i am starting to think the EFI means (Especialy For Idiots)!: hot light flashing the first day I road it , valve cover gasket leaking like crazy, dying when I come to a stop, backfiring on decellaration, missing badly at about 3500rpm jerkink and bucking!!!! safety or not I am still pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Range Rover

but they have it fixed now its not like some of the others have not had things with new ones

Old 07-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

listen to what rick ritter said,if you have cool relationship with a polaris dealer,you'll get anything fixed for free,
i remember got 2 whole 400 motor complete under warrenty,but that old time back then tough,they're alot more
conservative nowadays.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

The Polaris dealer I use had a Predator in for repairs. If you've ever been to the Red River, you know what that dirt looks like. Salesman said you could follow the path of red dirt from the airbox into the motor. Abviously it had been swamped. Polaris covered it. The dealership said they would not have done it, but Polaris said yes.

I think it's 90% how the dealer presents it to Polaris.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddad
... oil line was left off from factory son rode about 20 seconds and motor locked, has nothing to do with dealer...
Actually that has a lot to do with the dealer. The dealer is responsible for setup and inspection before the vehicle leaves their shop. True, the oil line should have been connected at the factory, but that's what pre-delivery-inspection is supposed to be for.

Hope you have better luck in the future!!

Old 07-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Originally posted by: scramblered
listen to what rick ritter said,if you have cool relationship with a polaris dealer,you'll get anything fixed for free,
i remember got 2 whole 400 motor complete under warrenty,but that old time back then tough,they're alot more
conservative nowadays.
i dont know about that my friend, i had a pretty good relationship w/ my ex deaoler and boght alot of stuff and he wouldnt help me out when came to fixing it under warranty. ity all depends on the dealers and polaris as well i beleave and from what im being told anyways.

Quick Reply: polaris improves profit margin!!!!!!!!