Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

suspension upgrades for scrambler 500

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension upgrades for scrambler 500

Ive been racing hare scrambles for my first season this year. I have yet to do any major mods, but if I updgrade anything it will be suspension first. Is there anybody out there that can tell me first hand experience to upgrading the scrammy's suspension. I see hot seat offers the rebuildable fox shocks, and the kimpex shocks, and the only other option I have seen is the Aaen performance deal where they eliminate the strut and use 2 shocks on top of the bottom a-arm. Has anyone done these and was there any significant changes? Good or bad. Or are there any other options out there.
I want to do performance mods but thats not where I am lacking right now, im taking a beating each race and I know my suspension is holding me back.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer

ttt
got to be somebody out there, dont make me be the first to try any of these lol

Old 07-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer

I looked at the Aaen setup. It doesn’t replace the strut, it just adds an extra "strut" or shock to the A-Arm. They also make wider A-Arms and an Extended Swingarm. I would also get the Chain Tensioner, and Adj. Steering Dampener. I’m not sure if the rear needs more than just the extended swing arm. Maybe wider axle. You could remove the front drive shaft to save weight, unless you use the 4WD.

After you spend all that money, you still have a heavy Quad. I would look at trading in the Scrambler and taking the money you where going to use on it and buy a Predator or Outlaw.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer

well I do know that wider is not the answer I want to hear for xc racing. I have a tough time as it is already going between trees etc. I race in the utility class so I need to keep a 4x4. The scrammy is just the best of both worlds and it fits my riding. yes its heavy but so are the others in my class. is it the best xc utility out there, no way, but I it works for me.
The fox shocks are only $320 doesnt seem to hard on the wallet but I just want to know if there is any significant upgrade.
I think the rear is enough to get by on, but the front suspension is is far from great.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Nice! I've been looking at starting the racing circuit here but didn't know where I'd fall in..... I was praying for the utility class. When you figure out the suspension please let me know, my scrammy seems to be a black hole for aftermarket parts.