Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stolen atv

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 05:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen atv

Heading out bright and early, notice the barn door is halfway open. I ask my son ..how come you left the door open. He says "wasn't me" . A quick look inside, nothing but a bare spot where my sons wheeler used to be. (trailblazer). Talk about feeling violated. I felt so bad for him. Must have been some stupid kids cause they left my 700 alone. Everything else was still there... tractor, tools, riding boots , helmets. All kinds of stuff you put in a barn. I'm still so disgusted it's hard to type this. I guess I am just venting by writing this but my advice to all you fellow riders is to take the extra couple of minutes and secure your stuff. I know its a pain... Thankfully I have insurance....but what I would'nt give to get my hands on em for just 2 minutes. (dont these fools know we have guns)...sorry...venting some more. Take care all. Bob

Old 07-30-2006, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen atv

I understand what you mean by violated I remember back when I was young and heard my MGB starting up in front up my home and dissapearing down the street

so would this have been drive away or load onto a trailer deal [or combination]?

seems either would make noise and attract attention

Old 07-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Trailblazer
Default Stolen atv

I actually took the keys out that night. the mutts pushed it down my driveway and probably to a waiting truck. My wifes ankle biter dogs didnt make a peep of noise to alert me. (bet my deceased lab would have)

Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stolen atv

man really sucks. i remeber that feeling when i had my 800.00 welder stolen out of my garage my we were sleeping. you feel violated is right. they took the t.blazer because its lighter ans easy to push vs the heavy and stiff 700. either way i hope you find the baste.. and dish out some country justice.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Stolen atv

sorry bout your loss , [ i hate a theif ] . i hope ya catch those #$@ %^&*s

Old 07-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Stolen atv

I wonder if they think about it. Is this atv worth a golfball sized hole through my chest?? Hmmmmmmm....... Sometime we will hear of it on the news, or experience it first hand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default Stolen atv

Sorry about the TB man.
Here is the problem though. There is at least one scum bag out there on the street that knows about the other stuff you have. This scum bag will run his mouth about the easy score and they will tell other scum bags and so on and so forth. One or more will go after your other stuff.
You going to have to "secure up"...........and like RIGHT NOW..............TODAY!!!!!! DO IT NOW!!!

I can guarantee you they will be back. Get some security today or you will have another post in a few weeks.
The best security is nobody knowing what you have. That has been broken and you have to fix it NOW!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Stolen atv

I echo DoctorTurbo 100%

Please do something NOW! Defense in Depth is the
model. Secure locks on Barn Door, deadbolt (not padlock type)
Chain up Quad inside barn with at least 2" thick type, steel twisted
cable type, or some nice tire lock bar systems thru tires around axle/frame.

If you can't add your Barn door to your home security system, at
least get some stickers to add on the doors (Brinks security system)
etc., Big beware of dog posters around.

Another thing my cousin does is park his truck i(w/parking brake on) in front of his Garage door
to block the swing out, can not get in.

I am sure people will just add to the posts for security but yes defense in
depth, several countermeasures to securely protect your stuff!

One more thing, I have heard that you can get LO-JACK for these quads for
about $500.00 and if they can't recover your stolen good in 24-36 hours they
will cut you a check for the value of the quad with additional $500 for accessory
costs added to the replacement valuel. Pretty cool, I haven't bothered checking into
this yet, anyone know of this and how true and any good stories to report on this?

Thanks,

R'

Old 07-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stolen atv

Sorry to hear it. Like someone said before, get your barn doors on your security system. We have 2 "sheds" out back and BOTH have wireless monitors on the doors hooked to our main house security system. I intentionally set it off every couple of months to let those scumbags who might be listening know that they are wired. Hope you find em before the law does, because chances are the law aint gonna do squat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Stolen atv

our barn has electric garage doors on it and then the small access door's deadbolt is so stiff and rusted that you need to put a breaker bar on the key to make it rotate. and the walls are 6" thick of metal siding, insulation, and plywood. i think its fairly safe. oh, we have security lights aswell

Quick Reply: Stolen atv