Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

It's official, Outlaw 525 and other '07's

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official, Outlaw 525 and other '07's

Originally posted by: GuitarPicker
Polaris' website indicates that the deluxe 500 is only available in blue/black and black/silver. Is that correct..I notice that the standard X2 comes in those colors plus camo...Specific question: Will the 07 deluxe X2 500 be available in red or camo?

When will dealers start receiving these? Thanks.
The deluxe models will only be availble in blue/black and black/silver, so that is correct. As of this time, no red or camo. However, you never know. If enough buyers want more colors, then they'll make it. Polaris known to make running changes or add limited models to reach a specific target audience. There is a 500 X2 in painted red with aluminum wheels, but no winch. My understanding is that model DOES NOT have EBS or ADC.

Dealers will start getting them in September at the earliest. Some dealers won't get them until later.

Originally posted by: Robb471
How about the new 90? 4 stroke, is it CA Green Sticker? How does it compare to the '06?
Being a Texas boy I didn't even think to check on the 90 CA certifications. You might ask your local dealer, but I think it is. Compared to '06, it has a larger chassis. This will help cut down on some younger riders buying bigger machines just because they couldn't fit on a regular 90. A full size adult and ride around the 90 now, but it would be boring... Suspension felt a little plusher, but it's hard to say because I haven't ridden an '06 90 off-road in a while; only around the parking lot. Power wise, the 4-stroke has more bottom end and you don't rev it out near as much to get going. It pulled me up some hills no problem. The 2-stroke was probably faster on the top end, but I don't offical speed ratings on either. The 2-stroke 90 just felt like it was faster as far as actual top-speed but it may just be imaginary since 2-strokes rev more and sound faster.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

They said in testing that the outlaw outran them in the rocky corners and in the rocky terrain thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not faster on top end

Old 08-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 03RaptorFan
They said in testing that the outlaw outran them in the rocky corners and in the rocky terrain thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not faster on top end
Yes, but only the 500 Outlaw.

I don't recall about top end, in acceleration they said in testin the KTM 525 Outlaw, not 500 out accelerated EVERY other sport quad, including the 450's and Raptor 700. That was straight line acceleration, not rocky terrain. Only time will tell if Polaris testing matches the real world....

Old 08-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

its really funny how hard it is for all the other brands to accept they've been beat

Old 08-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

The craptor will allways be the king J/K They are good for replacing the banshee for Yamaha so they can still Have a dune quad. But it will be Kinda hard to swallow if the 700 carptor gets beat by a 525 outlaw or if you want to say a 510.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

the outlaw 525 is gonna be a hell of a machine. at the heart of this machine is ktm open class dirtbike engine that was designed at the time to compete against the cr 500 and the kx 500. my biggest fear is that they may have detuned it in the outlaw 525. but it will be easy to modify.

and the raptor 700 is an hyped machine with average suspension that is not as fast as it should have been. i mean its written 700 on it so it should run like a 700 but its not. but its a good machine that needs tires upgrades,suspension upgrades and a few engine mods to unleash its true potential.

a lot of people are bashing the outlaw models , but they are awesome machines and also they are unique in the atv world. they are the only atv of their kind on the market. and they are exactly what i was looking for in an atv.
a sport machine that is fast,comfortable and that can tackle some rough terrain and cover long distances at a very fast pace.

polaris are innovators. when polaris released quads with auto transmission, full floorboards and long travel mc pherson suspension, people where laughing. look at the industry today. all the major manufacturers have copied polaris designs and those features are all standard on every flagship sport ute machines.

watch out because polaris and ktm are gonna bring some mean machines!

Old 08-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

Ill prolly keep my 660 and get the outlaw just because of the suspension cause i like to climb hills and play in the mud but i also like the rocky terrain. Plus up at haspin where we mostly ride in indiana has plenty of hills and rocks which is fun till you get hurt then its funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

I honestly dont think the outlaw is gonna have all the ***** like it says its gonna, and predaturds really are't fast at all.. My raptorbeat a piped and jetted tld predator 4 out of 5 times, 510cc's big whoop..

Old 08-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: paintballbanshee
I honestly dont think the outlaw is gonna have all the ***** like it says its gonna, and predaturds really are't fast at all.. My raptorbeat a piped and jetted tld predator 4 out of 5 times, 510cc's big whoop..
I hope you are right, for yammi's sake.....how much HP on that new engine?

Old 08-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

61 at the crank is what i heard. 54/55 at the rear wheels

Quick Reply: It's official, Outlaw 525 and other '07's