Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

It's official, Outlaw 525 and other '07's

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:52 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official, Outlaw 525 and other '07's

Alright guys, it's offical. Outlaw with KTM 525 motor. Polaris claims that in testing it out ran EVERYTHING including the 450's and Raptor 700. And.... LESS WEIGHT. Same weight as Raptor 700! Polaris finally did it right.

The Predator keeps the 500 motor. The Outlaw will still have the 500 the first half of the year, then get the 525 KTM . Even with the 525, it still maintains reverse and electric start.

Other than that, nothing too exciting. The X2 gets an 800 model and has an updated seat latch and cushier seat. Now you can get 2 different Sportsman 500/700/800: a standard model Sportsman with no EBS, and steel wheels; or a deluxe model with aluminum wheels , EBS (4 wheel), rear rack extender, and a winch standard. So now you have a lower priced alternative if you don't want all the bells and whistles.

The 800 didn't get any more power or double a-arms, etc. as rumored. Carb 500/700 dropped.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:07 AM
Range Rover

Did they keep the scrammy????

What's replacing the trailblazer???

Any and all info appreciated.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:22 AM
Range Rover

Yep, I'm sure. I've seen it with my own eyes.

The Scrambler is now black/gray and looks really sharp, but not redesigned.

Only the deluxe model Sportsmans get the 4-wheel EBS. It's all 4 wheels, unlike the current rear-wheel-only models. They lowered the price on the standard models and dropped a few bells and whistles.

No Trail Blazer replacement.

And no weight change or different designs on the Sportsman. But to be fair, I've never had a customer complain about the weight on a Sportsman and I've been selling them for 6 years. The only people that care are the people that read it in Dirt Wheels.... Then they ride one and lost interest. The pure recreation market is so small compared to hunters/ranchers/commercial that I doubt you'll see a 600lb Sportsman in the near future. Everyone on the forums likes to talk about it, but to be blunt, the recreation riders are the smallest segment. It sucks... I'm a recreation rider myself. But the manufacutes just build whatever sells based on customer feedback.

The ATV industry as a whole hasn't really been growing regardless of manufacture, so I guess that's why it's been slow to see huge updates. So even though there isn't anything new that is too crazy, these are still steps in the right direction. I'm not saying it's shrinking... It's just been stagnant for the last 4-5 years. In the late 90's it had a huge boom then went flat.

Polaris, or any OEM for that matter, builds whatever the buyer wants. That's how they stay in business. It's in their best (profitable) interest to give the public what they want. If you don't see it on the showroom... That means not enough people want it. Well, let me re-phrase that. It means not enough people will buy it. We all talk about what we want, but a small fraction of us would actually go buy it. And that's what counts.

I would love to have the new Outlaw... but there is NO WHERE to ride anymore. More and more places get shut down. If we focus on places to use them, more people will buy them, and more innovation will hit the market.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

so you are trying to tell me...a 525 with IRS is as light as the 700 raptor....and the pred is still the same weight?

Old 07-31-2006, 07:41 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well that sucks that the 800 is saying w/ the same cc's. i guess i'll have to keep mine then. all the hype for nothing.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Trailblazer

What colors are being kept on the Sportsman? Where are the pics?

Old 07-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: awdowden
Yep, I'm sure. I've seen it with my own eyes.

The Scrambler is now black/gray and looks really sharp, but not redesigned.

Only the deluxe model Sportsmans get the 4-wheel EBS. It's all 4 wheels, unlike the current rear-wheel-only models. They lowered the price on the standard models and dropped a few bells and whistles.

No Trail Blazer replacement.

And no weight change or different designs on the Sportsman. But to be fair, I've never had a customer complain about the weight on a Sportsman and I've been selling them for 6 years. The only people that care are the peopl that read it in Dirt Wheels.... Then they ride one and lost interest. The pure recreation market is so small compared to hunters/ranchers/commercial that I doubt you'll see a 600lb Sportsman in the near future. Everone on the forums likes to talk about it, but to be blunt, the recration riders are the smallest segment. It sucks... I'm a recreation rider myself. But the manufacutes just build whatever sells based on customer feedback.

The ATV industry as a whole hasn't really been growing regardless of manufacture, so I guess that's why it's been slow to see huge updates. So even though there isn't anything new that is too crazy, these are still steps in the right direction. I'm not saying it's shrinking... It's just been stagnant for the last 4-5 years. In the late 90's it had a huge boom then went flat.

Polaris, or any OEM for that matter, builds whatever the buyer wants. That's how they stay in business. It's in their best (profitable) interest to give the public what they want. If you don't see it on the showroom... That means not enough people want it. Well, let me re-phrase that. It means not enough people will buy it. We all talk about what we want, but a small fraction of us would actually go buy it. And that's what counts.

I would love to have the new Outlaw... but there is NO WHERE to ride anymore. More and more places get shut down. If we focus on places to use them, more people will buy them, and more innovation will hit the market.

Are you sure they arn't selling alot of quads? I was told they had to switch registration from every year to every 2 years cause the couldn't keep up with the pace? Selling like hotcakes out here! I had to show up 1/2 hr early just to get mine....after getting pissed and leaving other dealers who were to busy

Old 07-31-2006, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

sound like a wet dream to me,where did you see that?
an outlaw with irs with a ktm 525 motor in it sound all wrong to me,more weight,less sporty and a waste
of handling,my 2 cents...

Old 07-31-2006, 10:50 AM
Range Rover

Its o n there homepage!!!!!! yippie. look out 450s and raptor!!!!

Old 07-31-2006, 10:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i wish i could curse on this forum cuz i would. but im really disapointed and really exited. i REALLY want that new outlaw, i REALLY REALY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY FREAKING WANT IT.

UGGGGGHHH FASTEST ACCELLERATING QUAD EVEARRR

crap i need some money!

Quick Reply: It's official, Outlaw 525 and other '07's