Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

any ideas how to rig a thumb throttle lever?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas how to rig a thumb throttle lever?

My son rolled our 2000 Trailblazer (he's fine) and the throttle lever broke right off. Why do they make those out of plastic? Anyway, he got back to the truck by twisting the stub that was left. I'm wondering if anybody has ever seen a jury-rigged thumb throttle, or make any inventive suggestions. A replacement throttle control I found on line, but at $135 new. Ouch. Also, one of these just went for $30 on ebay, but it was a different year from mine. How interchangeable are these things across years/models?

Old 09-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look on ebay for one but when you find one find out what year it is off of .Go to www.partsland.com get the part number for yours then check it against the part number for the one you are looking at.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ebay will be the eiasest, or you can look for a lever off something else, grind were it mounts down flat. and bolt it were the other lever went. (again grind the plastic flat) and then tap the stock throttle tube and bolt the lever on.

I have one from an atc 70-125 on mine. wish I never would have used it becuase there getting hard to come by and I need mine now.