Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What type engine oil to use?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What type engine oil to use?

No, im pretty sur amsoil IS the best[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Range Rover

Hey there Magna.....I never refered to you and your oil being the best. I was refering to everyone who replied to this question and the fellas above arguing like children. Didn't realize I had to be so specific. Everyone else got it. And where was I defensive? I stated that the oil that you use was designed for big diesel engines and that it could be okay but I didn't know. Did you miss that or what. Then your next post was you defending your thoughts on heavy duty Rotella oil. Guess what dude? I don't really care what you put in your quad. Grow up allready. Your trying to make this a big deal and it's really not.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

According to a report I read the Polaris oil was tested by a lab and they reported that it breaks down badly after 40 hours. That and my experience with it tells me that IF you insist on using it change your oil more often that they reccomend.

Or you could just buy better oil. The choice is yours and I really don't give a rats *** what anyone uses.

If you screw up your engine that just helps people like myself put food on the table and it helps Polaris sell more parts and new ATV's.

Since I hate working on my own stuff I refuse to use Polaris oil. The first thing I do when I get a new Polaris is spend about an hour breaking it in with the origional Polaris oil then I drain both the engine and gearbox and put in my own fluids.

The only Polaris fluids I reccomend is the special fluid for the newer front diff. and their two stroke oil is good for use in a Polaris two stroke with injection.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I could get annoying and say Amsoil just held a test against Mobile 1 and excelled in every category. Amsoil even states Mobile 1 is a good synthetic oil, just not AS good as amsoil. Anyway, use whatever oil you want to put in your machine, i will always use Amsoil, amd always have the opinion that it is the best oil you can buy

Old 09-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

A friend is a big Amsoil fan. He uses it in everything he owns.

I changed the oil in his truck and the used oil still looked new. It had about 6,000 miles on the oil.

The truck had 90,000 miles on it and he has used Amzoil from day one. His engine is as clean inside as the day it left the factory.

It is good oil.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats why i use it, it is said to leave a clean engine with virtually any amount of miles

Old 09-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Trailblazer

nightruck I really comes down to using what you want to use and the brand you like to use in the end it your atv and your desecion on what brand of oil you like.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I run PS4.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

lmao.. guys its not a big deal.. well for me at least i put in whatever my dad gets from work but i change it every single ride so it doesn't even really have a chance to break down lol\

Old 09-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

I've run only yamaha oil so far, but will try the valvoline atv oil next....wish me luck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: What type engine oil to use?