Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Honda Man dedication to Honda just came to END

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Earlier I did a post on dedicated Honda man thinking about going Polaris. After riding both the Rubicon and Sportsman I will be getting 500 H.O. I'll wait to spring after the snow is gone. The Rubicon claims to have 10" ground clearence. No way. The reaR DIFFERENTIAL has mayby 7" of clearence. Ride was much smoother on H.O and I like the idea of being able to switch between 4x4 and 2x4. Polaris has much more ground clearance which will help. Although I,m not big fan of belt drive the limited lifetime warranty on belt has made me feel better. So I'll have to spent a little more time greasing joints. The ride is much worth it. Thanks for all your input on the last forum .

Old 12-06-2000, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

hey i'm with you. i love honda too. honda cars, motorcycles, old three wheelers, they are the best. but when it comes to quads they just cant seem to get out of the '80s. i'd be the first in line if they made something like the 500 h.o. i like that new gear system in the rubicon and that's the only thing i like about it. full time 3 wheel drive stinks!! ask anyone stuck in a mudhole.long live polaris.

Edited by ATVBBS. Please follow forum guidelines when posting. No profanity in forums please.
ATVBBS
&&&&&&

Old 12-07-2000, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

Real machines are made in America not in
ho-cing-ming land.

LONG LIVE POLARIS!!!

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 12-07-2000, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

The last I heard the Honda ATVs were made in Ohio and the Carolinas.

Kawasaki comes from Nebraska

Yamaha comes from Georgia

Polaris engines (Fuji 20% owned by General Motors)
come from Japan

A lot of the brake shoes on these quads come from Spain, Yugoslavia, The Phillipines and Mexico

Old 12-07-2000, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

Good choice. I agree Honda makes as durable a machine as is out there, but they are way behind the times in terms of technology used. Their motorcycles are cutting edge, why can't their ATVs be also. Honda has been a motorcross leader for ages, put a little of that suspension technlolgy to use, please! Until then, the SP will likely be king when it comes to a smooth ride, but someone besides Honda might wind up doing it. My guess would be A/C. Time will tell. Until then, don't worry, ride happy!

Old 12-07-2000, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

They may be assembled in the U.S. but they orginated in japan. American companies don't use Japanese names on their machines.Polaris is all american, there may be some components like brake pads, chains, etc. that are made in foriegn countries but most everything on my machine says made in the U.S.A.
Do some research before you talk.

LONG LIVE POLARIS!!!

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Message edited by ATVBBS. Please refrain from using the derogatory term "jap", this has been a source of insult for Japanese for many years. Thank you...
ATVBBS
&&&&&&

Old 12-07-2000, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Enjoy your new ride. That the great thing in our sport right now, many many choice on what to ride.

Old 12-07-2000, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

assembled here but the money goes back to Japan. Yeah I was a Honda man too, but there is just no comparing the two, I got on a Polaris and wanted to drive my Honda off a cliff. I could not believe the added comfort , better ride , and no more getting stuck. no more having to stick my foot in freezing water to shift when I lost momentum. I personally have not noticed a bit of difference in Durability of the two makes. ride my Polaris much harder than I ever could the Honda and it never lets me down. Polaris is American owned the capital stays here, get put in american banks. Honda builds some here but the profits go back to Japan.

Old 12-07-2000, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hey wanna be sport bike boy, ever hear of Fuji engines - well guess what you ride one and it isn't american? Your ignorance and downright stupidity are a disgrace to the forum, get lost!

Old 12-07-2000, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

You arguement doesn't hold much water given the vehicle you drive. What about trading that Pathfinder in for a Tahoe?

Quick Reply: Honda Man dedication to Honda just came to END