Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris or Can-Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris or Can-Am

after buying 2 new 05 s n 1new 06 polaris , i would gamble on the can-am .

Old 10-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was in the same boat myself about a month ago and I chose the polaris, I test road both. If you want a 4x4 that can win a drag race go can-am , if you want the heavy duty more capiable 4x4 go polaris. PS that OLN can-am challange, I would consider that an infomercial... just my 2 cents.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Pyramid1-

I agree I think it was predomently an
infomercial but you can't hide the facts
of it outperforming in different classes
its close competitors. I do really like my
Sportsman, but must say in fairness it
was impressive.

Regards,

R"

Old 10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

Okay, first off, you need to tell us the type of terrain you ride and what you will be using it for. Then you need to decide for yourself if cost is a factor because the can am 500 cost roughly around $8,500!! Im sorry but for that, you could get the Sportsman 800, or the Sportsman 500 EFI and add racks, winch, bumpers, tires or whatever you want.. But anyway, i have had alot of expeirence with Polaris and its been nothing but positive. I run the p!ss out of it and its never let me down.. So here is my opinion of the two...

The only thing i see here in this comparison that the Outlander has over the Sportsman is horsepower. Everything else goes to the Sportsman. It is next in line in the 500 class in horsepower (not far behind BRP), its been around for like 12 or 13 years now, it comes with better rims and tires, it can tow more, has TONS of more storage, not a first year model like the can am, has Active Descent Control (ADC) for 4wheel down hill engine breaking, more ground clearance, undoubtably the best ride in the buisness, Rear Tail lights with rear work lights, a more effective 4wd system (IMO), and in the looks department, well, Bomb has a way to go there.

So anyway, all in all, i would chose the Polaris, its got the lock'n'ride compatibility system where the bomb dosent have anything like that, and it just gives you more ways to use your ATV. And the Can Am frame is just unproven. From what i hear, it cracks pretty easily compared to most. While the Sportsman's components are much better. Good luck with your decision.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:38 PM
TTP
Range Rover

Originally posted by: SuzukiSwede
It depends on what you are going to use it for. My opinion of the two is: if you're using it for mainly work, go Polaris, if you're going to go more for sport riding, go Can-Am. Both quads are great, take 'em for a spin, see which one YOU like better, buy the one YOU like best and enjoy, you won't go wrong with either one.

I agree!
Then try out the others as well..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

It depends on what you are going to use it for. My opinion of the two is: if you're using it for mainly work, go Polaris, if you're going to go more for sport riding, go Can-Am.
exaclty, couldnt put it any better than this. The Sportsman is a more than capable trail machine, but the Can-Am is going to out run it and be a bit more nible.

As for the Can-Am out performing the sportsman in mudding or pulling, I have seen other wise. The visco lok may be a good 4x4 system, but the popo's is better.

I own 2 Rotax powered sleds and you cant go wrong with their engines, but on the other hand the Sportsman 500 engine is proven bullet proof also. So decide what you want it for, test them both and buy one. You really can not go wrong with either machine!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

both are good, the can-am is a first year model, so is my ds250, but it hasnt had any problems, unless you count broken plastic from a rollover. the polaris quads from the 90's were terrible quads, i hate them. we used to have a polaris Explorer 400 (2stroke) it has terrible reliablity, my freinds grandpa has an '98 sp500 and it is a POS im pretty sure the newer polaris quads that arent first year are good

but as far as first year goes on the bomb/canam quads, their first year's have 3rd year's reliability imo

Old 10-31-2006, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Jorgenstone -

Have you made a decision yet?
Keep us posted!

Thanks,

R'

Old 10-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I beleave you'll have a ball with either of your choices.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ride 'em both then decide.

BTW, it's been a couple of weeks since your original post. Have you ridden them yet? Bought yet?

Quick Reply: Polaris or Can-Am