Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris or Can-Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris or Can-Am

Hi everyone. I will be buying an ATV with in the next couple weeks. I have narrowed down my field to 2 worthy competitors. The SP500 or the Can-Am 500. I have been searching the forums for some help but yet to find actual facts that arent bias to either one of these quads. It would be very helpful to hear some objectional thoughts, good or bad, on Polaris or Can-AM if you have first hand experience. Thanks for your help.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Both great machines. The CAN-AM will have more power, and sound cooler with the V-Twin. Only negative I've heard on them is that if you ride in wet/muddy conditions be prepared to get covered in what ever you're riding in. They don't offer the best protection that way. I do believe though that you can get fender extenders which are much better.

The ride on the Polaris is awesome. Can't say myself that it's better than the can am since I've never ridden a can am. I am very pleased with my 500EFI so far. It doesn't feel like an 800lbs monster, even if it is.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the can am i've rode with both , it's alot faster handles better and a lot less maintence than the polaris ! Don't get me wrong i'm not knocking the polaris their're good quads, but the rotax and visco loc system is hard to beat ! I bought a 06' ac 400 fis auto with the suzuki engine/belt driven clutch sytem feb.7th 2006 , but if i had it to do over and had the extra $$$$ i would have came home with the can am !! You'll hear everyone say their's are best, that's their personal choice i've owned honda, suzuki and now a cat ; but like i said if i'd had more money i would have gone can am !..........................williebee

Old 10-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Williebee,

What extra maintenance do you have to do on a Polaris that you do not have to do on a Can-Am .. just curious is all??

Old 10-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to know what the extra mat is too I have an 05 an only do an oil change? I do not belive you can go worng with either of them I have never rode a can-am or have I seen one on the trail yet. Good luck on your pic an I not sure cost diff but I belive the Polaris is less.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer

It depends on what you are going to use it for. My opinion of the two is: if you're using it for mainly work, go Polaris, if you're going to go more for sport riding, go Can-Am. Both quads are great, take 'em for a spin, see which one YOU like better, buy the one YOU like best and enjoy, you won't go wrong with either one.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

zackly .. both great machines .. test ride each if you can and pick the one you like best ..

Old 10-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SuzukiSwede
It depends on what you are going to use it for. My opinion of the two is: if you're using it for mainly work, go Polaris, if you're going to go more for sport riding, go Can-Am. Both quads are great, take 'em for a spin, see which one YOU like better, buy the one YOU like best and enjoy, you won't go wrong with either one.
well said

Old 10-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

I was looking on the can-am board & they were talking about the all wheel drive on polaris being better than can- am. I don't know as I have never owned a can-am.

Old 10-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

The OLN network aired the CAN-AM challenge
and it was quite impressive with the handleing,
speed, torqe and outperformed all its Quad
competitors in all competition, mudding especially!
Tow pull, climb etc. etc. I wish I had recorded that
show.

After watching the show, I wanted to trade in
my Polaris for this CAN-AM Brp Quad.

But I still love my Sportsman!

R'

Quick Reply: Polaris or Can-Am