Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris or Can-Am

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris or Can-Am

As for the price on the Can Am...generally speaking what I have seen points to the fact that they are more expensive but Bombi portray the bike as "an upscale ATV that will cost you more but also give you more" - anyway thats what DirtTrax stated. If someone wants bragging rights as to the fastest bike then go & get the Can Am but otherwise try them both and decide what suits you best. I ride Polaris and have no intention of changing cuz this is the bike that suits me best. Perhaps if I was going to spend a lot of time doing straight on drags then it would have been a Can Am. Either way they are both great bikes and it really comes down to what you would be happiest with.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

As for uts, Polaris , I Think is the best from experience, I could have got a 800 outty but i like the sportsman better. I no the outty is faster but i don't think it pulls heavy loads as well as the sportsman. The sportsman is built heavier, i think that's a plus, My opinion.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

I agree.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

just what i have heard. i was talking to my dealer (quads) and was talking about the can-am, and he says they are assembled in mexico, not sure if true, and that parts fall off when in operation. not sure if true also. i have not heard of anything but what he has said. he is a polaris dealer and sells me my ski-doo aftermarket parts. he is a friend first and would not b.s. me to sell a qaud. my research and development team has been looking into the 800 renegade and would like to have one. but he is a sport bike guy but would like to keep up with me in the mud also and still have the agility the sport bikes offer. no matter what you buy you will love it, and then next one you buy will be better. also, no matter what you buy you will have minnor problems that you will have to make repairs or mods to. everyone does. every brand does. buy what your gut tells you and everyone here has excellant opionions. most of everyone can tell you more then you will ever care to know, and do all their own research. good luck and share the info. later dan-o

Old 11-07-2006, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

Stop the fightin! like everyone says buy what ya want! if you are gonna put bigger tires on (mud) the front fisco wont hold up ,, if yer gonna keep it stock and be a "daddy don garlits" go can am reliable, great power,great ride go Polalaris GEEEEZ

Old 11-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't think they are fighting, it's just a healthy debate imo.

I like hearing both sides. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 10:30 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
Both great machines. The CAN-AM will have more power, and sound cooler with the V-Twin. Only negative I've heard on them is that if you ride in wet/muddy conditions be prepared to get covered in what ever you're riding in. They don't offer the best protection that way. I do believe though that you can get fender extenders which are much better.

The ride on the Polaris is awesome. Can't say myself that it's better than the can am since I've never ridden a can am. I am very pleased with my 500EFI so far. It doesn't feel like an 800lbs monster, even if it is.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
The guy was asking about a SP500 or Can Am 500, Im not up on the newer Can AMs 500s but are they twins now? The last 500 Can AM I rode was a 2001Traxter 500 and it rode rougher and was slower and much heavier than a SP500.

Never mine I found it

07 500 Outlander. It is a 500 twin and it,s only 635lb with a nice large gas tank,thats cool.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: mtpockets
I don't think they are fighting, it's just a healthy debate imo.

I like hearing both sides. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
whos fighting.......its not like we are in a honda thread.....hahahahahaha

good discussion and we are all acting like adults.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RticKwad
The OLN network aired the CAN-AM challenge
and it was quite impressive with the handleing,
speed, torqe and outperformed all its Quad
competitors in all competition, mudding especially!
Tow pull, climb etc. etc. I wish I had recorded that
show.

After watching the show, I wanted to trade in
my Polaris for this CAN-AM Brp Quad.

But I still love my Sportsman!

R'
I watched the Polaris commercial and after that I'm sure you'd love your Polaris even more. Skewed a bit that way.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

like I said earlier in this thread- Can am is strong, but the front visco lock isnt real good with bigger tires.

Quick Reply: Polaris or Can-Am