Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

INTERESTING POLARIS NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INTERESTING POLARIS NEWS

Same with my local dealer. They couldn't come close to the dealer in TN prices.
Maybe Polaris got sick of the complaints by all the other Dealers through-out the country about them giving away the store!

OR maybe they arn't going to sell them because their property is being sold and they must close their business! Anyone ever think about that?

We have a local VERY successful RV store that's doing just that!

~MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

If this Polaris of Chattanoga you are referring to this topic has come up on other forums. As I understand it, this dealer and Polaris are in a dispute over a requirement by Polaris that they do not ADVERTISE products below a certain amount i.e. MAP (minimum advertised price). Apparently, other dealers have been crying about this and Polaris is trying to enforce the MAP policy. They are not trying to tell them what to actually sell it for but I guess their low price advertising is killing other dealers. There may be more to this story but.....

Old 10-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Sound like it a good chance that is it. Just like the states control the min price of gas.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Waterjetdude,
I too have the 07 800X2 in my future. My green light is also not used much. My dealer tells me I should have it before the end of the year. No matter when you buy there is always going to big a bigger and better and more expensive quad just around the corner.
I would hope the 800 would satisfy our power needs and if not we can always make some mods. Right? I am going for it.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: xler8ion
If this Polaris of Chattanoga you are referring to this topic has come up on other forums. As I understand it, this dealer and Polaris are in a dispute over a requirement by Polaris that they do not ADVERTISE products below a certain amount i.e. MAP (minimum advertised price). Apparently, other dealers have been crying about this and Polaris is trying to enforce the MAP policy. They are not trying to tell them what to actually sell it for but I guess their low price advertising is killing other dealers. There may be more to this story but.....
Very possible. They even advertise as far away as south west Texas. It's really not fair to the other dealers. There are quite a few very honest, and fair-priced dealers that look like crooks because someone else is just dumping their product.

It's relfects poorly on the Polaris brand, as it makes people wonder why dealers have to try so hard to get rid of their product.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

It's very easy for other dealers to compete with them, LOWER their prices, there's no reason they should make as much money as they do, it's a rip-off in many cases. So many other dealers prices are ridiculous compared to them.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

Honest or not, there are quite a few dealers who are just fine with selling it at MSRP and banking $1800.

If every dealer were to sell them for the same low price as Polaris of Chattanooga, it wouldn't take long for Polaris of Chattanooga (Southern Powersports) to go under because 97% of their volume would leave and purchase it from a closer dealer. The lesson here should be "if you can't beat 'em, join them" and not "if you can't beat 'em, try to force Polaris to make them join you".

Obviously Southern Powersports, which also sells Honda for dirt cheap prices at another facility, has done very well for itself. You imply that it reflects poorly on the Polaris product, which means it would also reflect poorly on Honda...which has a phenomenal reputation for product reliability in every market it serves.

One other thing I would like to point out is that the term "dumping" is used when a company tries to put everyone out of business by selling product for a relatively short period of time for cheaper than it is produced, only to raise prices once the competitors are all gone. This term does not apply to a dealer who has been in business for a long time, has never changed it's business model, and has made tons of money. If I were another dealer that wasn't making enough money, I would take a closer look at how to change my business model rather than make the guy who has made tons of money change his business model.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

My buddy just bought a 06 800 sportsman at Newtons power sports in benton ky. for 6500.00 before taxes. Blk grey with aluminum wheels, Just thought I would throw this in to compare prices. Very nice machine.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: twin88
My buddy just bought a 06 800 sportsman at Newtons power sports in benton ky. for 6500.00 before taxes. Blk grey with aluminum wheels, Just thought I would throw this in to compare prices. Very nice machine.
That seems like a GREAT price!

Old 10-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: WATERJETDUDE
Honest or not, there are quite a few dealers who are just fine with selling it at MSRP and banking $1800.
$1,800 at MSRP? Please share your numbers.

Anyway, regardless, selling at MSRP is not a rip off. MSRP is exactly that, the suggested price that allows a dealer to cover salaries, taxes, insurance, utilities, lease or mortgage, etc. and then show a profit on top of all that. MSRP is fair, and anything below that is a good deal.

What's a rip-off is the dealers that charge MSRP + this fee + that fee + misc charge + etc. And in all fairness to some of thd dealers that "over charge," many times it's because they have prime real estate on major high way and a much larger over head, and if they only sold at MSRP they wouldn't be in business. Another rip-off is dealers that add fees into your financing without you knowning, and you never notice because it's just an extra few months payments. That's not fair...

So again, a very friendly, helpful dealer that sells at MSRP isn't a not a crooke. And if he makes an effort to earn your business by coming down a few hundred, and you feel he will take care of you after the sale, then do business with him. If your salesmen is a complete jerk, then drive as far as neccasary to find a good dealer! But you can't judge everything on price.

I buy all my Ford parts online, WAY cheaper than the dealer. I put them on myself, I save lots of money! Why? I have been to three different local Ford dealers than are not only jerks, but pretty clueless. My Honda motorcycle/ATV parts? I buy it all from the local Honda dealer, and pay full price and also pay them to do my services. They are friendly, helpful, and fair priced. Not the cheapest...but fair. I want to show them my support and hope they are still in business next year when I need an oil filter and don't want to drive to Tennesse.

My main point: Don't just buy local because they're local. Find a good dealer... But don't shoot down the local guy just because he isn't Wal-Mart.

Quick Reply: INTERESTING POLARIS NEWS