Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Gorilla's givin me fits!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Gorilla's givin me fits!

might try freezing the axle for a while. it will help a bit.
good luck.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, Just remembered they use dry ice at work for things like this. You must let it get very cold and quickly slip it in.

Good suggestion!

Old 11-24-2006, 01:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

shrinkage! hehe

Old 11-24-2006, 05:39 AM
Pro Rider

I have always been honest and pointed out my flaws in this forum, I don't know everything, I was just trying to help you guys with maybe some things you never thought about, I mean if a part on ur ATV keeps breaking then you have to think whats going on, whats causing it to break so you can correct the cause why it breaks, like a good car mechanic will see a damaged fan belt will cause a water pump to leak, like if he's replacing a water pump he also needs to change the belt. Im sorry but nobody here gave me a good reason why ur breaking or bending ur axles in the first place, maybe just maybe you may have a bad spindle or wheel bearing or a worn differential thats causing the problem with the axle, I don't know for sure I helping and making you guys think.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MotoF150
I have always been honest and pointed out my flaws in this forum, I don't know everything, I was just trying to help you guys with maybe some things you never thought about, I mean if a part on ur ATV keeps breaking then you have to think whats going on, whats causing it to break so you can correct the cause why it breaks, like a good car mechanic will see a damaged fan belt will cause a water pump to leak, like if he's replacing a water pump he also needs to change the belt. Im sorry but nobody here gave me a good reason why ur breaking or bending ur axles in the first place, maybe just maybe you may have a bad spindle or wheel bearing or a worn differential thats causing the problem with the axle, I don't know for sure I helping and making you guys think.

moto how many atvs have you had? i really dont think you can help me and especilally 99% of the guys on here, iv owned many 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers even though i can work on my stuff i dont say much, reason why, what i know about atvs these guys in there old age forgot! J/K.

some day you will get it when you pound the crap out of atv things are going to break, and theirs not a thing you can do about it .

and i would like to thank you moto, i think my wife is about to divorce me for spending to much time on the computer since ive found your posts im always on here looking for a good laugh.

one more thing hows your suzuki running?

Old 11-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Wow fellas, I would ask how everyones Turkey Day was, but I can tell you were on here having fun! Dry ice? LOL Don't think so. Little emery action and all is good. Kind of wierd that they would need anything done to them. Glad Comp Cams doesn't make you take a little off to fit in the bearings.

Old 11-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Instigater
Glad Comp Cams doesn't make you take a little off to fit in the bearings.
hahahhaa.
good one.
she all buttoned up?

Old 11-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Almost, ran out of "blue loctite", need to still tighten everything up, before I put the wheels on!

Old 11-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moto150 believe it or not some people might actually ride there machines harder then you do .

and believe it or not parts do break ,if stock parts were the best then we wouldn't have the need for after market parts .

I do own both Polaris and Suziki and have found both machines to be execellent runners ,so hope you had agood turkey day ,

Old 11-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Instigater,

Glad you got them in. Let us know how they work out. Oh yeah, is that tank sinking like someone said it would, or does it plow right through. How does it compare to your old Sportsman in the mud?

Quick Reply: New Gorilla's givin me fits!