Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Gorilla's givin me fits!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Gorilla's givin me fits!

I know what thread you are talking about it sinking. Maybe taht one was stock, with the 25's on it. This does not sink. It performed, I think, better than my buddies Grizzly 660 with the same size/type tire. We also have the same ground clearance. We ALL were amazed at the big MV performance. It is hard to give a comparison to the 800, it had the H/C weights only. This one has the heavier spring too. The spring makes a big difference. I did get this one stuck with the white spring, but it has never been stuck with the orange spring. Even when the axle broke, We were amazed at the shear power it had in 2wd. I was really worried about the added weight sinking it. So far so good. I am pretty positive it will get stuck on the next ride. But it will not be a small hole, that is for sure! Let me tell you when this one is stuck, IT IS STUCK. Not much luck rocking it side to side trying to slide the quad off of the high center hump so the sides of the tire can dig.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Good, glad to hear it's performing. You see I have a Trail Boss and only been on a big 4X4 a few times. I have seen the big guys get stuck, obviously in places I can't go.

All I can say is, I've seen a couple of them brake things trying too hard, rocking and shifting, instead of going right to the tow rope or winch. In the long run it may be better to know when to take the pull. Knowing when "IT IS STUCK" pays in the long run for sure.

I kinda expected it to do well even though it's heavy - like tanks and tractors. Thank's for the answer.

Oh yeah Moto, Talk about tanks - they brake too. I'm sure you get it now.

Old 11-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Lets see what we have learned from this adventure.

We know that sometimes you can get a Gorilla axle that is slightly out of spec.

We know that IF they send you one that is not right they will QUICKLY make it right.

And the most important thing we have learned that no Suzuki has ever broken or bent or otherwise damaged or worn out an axle.

So we all know not to buy stock in the company that makes the axles for Suzuki because they just don't sell many.

And I learned how to spell.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Cornbread- you crack me up with the Suzuki axle stock share thing!

Old 11-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Well, well, well, I WAS on a roll. Until I checked the boot to strut housing clearance. The boot rubs when the wheel is turned. This is to be expected. Problem is, I have one of those wife things that prohibits too much quad work at one time. I think that I will take a little more off than I need to, so the lift from Rubberdown will fit ok, when I get around to getting one. One more thing, when I was trying to reassemble one of the hubs, it wouldn't go on. I was banging my head on the steel racks for about a minute. Then tryed it again, this time it went on. Seems as though it needs to be "clocked" for it to fit. This not the same one that I honed, it fits perfect in all splines locations. It even gets just a little snug at the last 1/8". Some of you know that there is no "clocking" required for this connection. But, as I have said before, if something is to be odd, it will be on my stuff! LOL!!!!! Anyway I plan on taking a little more off so it will fit with any spline combination. I am wierd like that. I want my stuff to be right. Some would just leave it as is, not me! Too bad that Gorilla is the best out there. So far, I have had nothing but trouble, and I am just trying to put them on! Hey wait, someone on here told me that Polaris would be a better choice for an axle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

Did I ever mention to stay out of the mud and avoid all the hassles .... ??

Step one : Stay out of mud .
Step two : Spend less time in garage .

This leads you to step three :
Step three : Spend more time with wife .
Step four : Wife shows appreciation in many ways .

Choice is : A- Get covered in mud
B- Get covered in wife

Any questions ?

Rick Ritter

Old 11-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

LOL Rick your to funny. I'm glad my wife loves the mud that way I get A & B.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

:-)

Can you combine A and B and get covered in muddy wife ??? If so -- do look forward to it again ??

Old 11-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mud Wrestleing?

Old 11-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

bra and panty mud wrestling

Quick Reply: New Gorilla's givin me fits!