Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I wont a big mud tire that is good on trails??? MAYBE mud bugs INFO PLEASE???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 05:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking maybe 27inch bi-tri claw combination. Some people told me there so so on trails. But im afraid they weigh too much and will rob my power. So i looked into mud bugs are these good tires. I need a good mud tire and trail tire in 27inch. I herd the black waters suck. I realy like the mub bugs need some info on them. Do they rob power (im using stock rims)? Are they good in mud? Are they good on trails? Can i get them in 27-12-10 and 27-9-12? I need a web site i can visit that mite have these tires.
Plese give any info that you might have on other tires such as titans, blackwaters, bear claw, tri-bi claw, mud bugs, super swamper vampire, etc.

please give info on any tire you might have that is decent in mud!!

or just post about things you like on your tire that might benafit me an my atv?

Im looking for a tire that is great in mud and wont rob too much power!!!

THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO YOU MIGHT HAVE ON TIRES

Old 12-10-2000, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm.... Where to start..
While there are good compromises, you will never have THE perfect tire for every situation. Its more of a compromise some of the aspects of the bike that you don't "use to enhance the ones that you use most. For me, Ground clearance, slingin mud, and being flat resistant are main considerations. SO, I got 27" Tri/Bi Magnums. I sacrificed some accelleration, top speed, gained some weight, and increased the maintenance on my machine. BUT, its WHAT I WANT, and i'm willing to live with the concequences.
As for robbing power, you WILL notice a substantial power loss from two aspects. You have effectively changed your final gearing by going up in tire height, and you will be adding unsprung weight.
If you MUST have 27" tires, then you are probably on the right track with the mudbugs. Don't expect them to perform like a big Vamp or Tri-Claw, but they will do better than stock. I don't know about their life expectancy, but I cvan tell ya that its NOT as good as the Magnums...
Personally, what I would do is go with the 26" GoodYear MUDRUNNERS. Talk to PFelect, hes got a Xpedition with MudRunners on it, it will DEFINITELY go places my bro's BigBear 4x4 with 26" Vamps wont go..
If ya want some more G/C... air them up to about 15 PSI and put spring spacers in the front end...
Good Luck on whatever you decide...

Old 12-10-2000, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

I'd reccomend the Titan 589's. I ride them in mud, on rocks, hard pack, clay, and gravel roads. They do great in all of that.

Rick

Old 12-10-2000, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Mudrunners on my 99 Sportsman [sold now] and now on my 00 Xplorer.These are excellant tires in the worst of serious snow/mud conditions.

Call Rocky Mountain ATV toll free at 1800-336-5437.Ask them to send you their free catalog.

Go to page 74 and LOOK at the GATOR mud tire.This tire looks allmost exactly like the Muddruners,at a FRACTION of the cost.My Mudrunners were about 375 dollars with shipping included.

You could get the Gator's[26 inch tires] from Rocky Mountain for around 60$ each or[27s for 70$ each].Thats a heck of a great price.Good luck,
Bill

Old 12-10-2000, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

These tires are BIG, wont work with stock rims, increase ground clearance, and kick royal *** in deep mud, the ITP Ag tires, not sure about trail performence or size availabilities.
Kyle

Old 12-10-2000, 10:00 PM
Range Rover

Yes yes goodyear mudrunners these tire are way to expensive. And dont the mud bugs do a little better in mud. Any ways would they have good year mudrunners in 27-12-10 and 27-9-12 for stock rims on my xpedtion 425. Please if any one knows about the mud bugs or any other atv tire please post a topic thanx

Oh and do the mud bugs pull better in mud than titan 589 and weigh less

I also herd that titans 589 lack in side wall grip.

I may dish out a few extra bucks and get the mudrunners but havent decided I like the mud bugs a lot

Thank you for any info

"just post" please

Old 12-10-2000, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

Do 27ich tri-bi claws on stock rims rub the tie rods if they do. Then does that mean 27inch mud bugs or titans or mud runners rub the tie rod!
I allready bought a lift kit dont wont to buy wheel spacers!!!!

any way thanks for any info have a good day!!!!!

Old 12-10-2000, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know, i've got "modified" rod ends on my bike, so they don't rub... Some have trouble with them rubbing, so they add a hardened washer behind the wheel on each of the studs.

Old 12-10-2000, 11:17 PM
Range Rover

May I ask you a question Fun Wheeler Bass Master? What did you do to modify your tie-rod ends so they wont rub. Mine are abour 1/4" from the tires right now. They dont rub but its a little close.

Old 12-11-2000, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, the 26" Mudrunners ARE affordable if you get them from treadepot.com and if you put them on stock rims they almosrt always will rub the tie rod on the right side. I really like the Mudrunners but if you looking for 27" I dont think they offer a 27-12-10, meaning you gonna need wheels too. My suggestion would be to get either the Mud Bugs or the Mudrunners and a set of wheels for those tires, that way if you wanna go "mudless" and just do some trail riding, just put the stock tires/wheels back on. Im suggesting that only because you specified 27". If you think you can get by with 26" the Mudrunners will fit stock rims and do a good all around job. You can use more air pressure for muddin to get a little extra ground clearance or bring the pressure down(3-5lbs) for a softer ride on the trail.

sportsman6x6,
Robert and I have rod ends from Motion Ind on our bikes. My Mudrunners rub, I think his aftermarket wheels may have a slightly different offset cause I know those 27 Bi claws are wider than my Mudrunners.

Quick Reply: I wont a big mud tire that is good on trails??? MAYBE mud bugs INFO PLEASE???