Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Holeshots.....Razrs????

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really need to get some new tires and wheels for my 400 scrambler 4x4. Should I go with the Razrs or Holeshots? What one gets better traction on hard packed dirt??? I am not worried about mud at all. Which brings up another issue!
I am thinking about removeing my front differential. I never use it, and all it is doing is adding all of that weight to my bike. I am just wondering if any of you have done this and how much it will effect my hill climbing abilities? Will this effect how easy my front end wants to raise up? And wont there be a hole where the front drive shaft comes out of the engine? What would you do about this?
I read the other post about offsets and I thought that I was going to go with the widest offset, but now I am not sure. What do you think I should do about the offset issue? I dont jump that much, but I do every now and then(once, twice a week)but it is not that big of a jump. Mabye about 6 feet off the ground on to a flat landing. I would like the wider off set just so it would not feel as tippy(it isnt bad now though). What do you think would be the best for me?
Please tell me any suggestions that you may have. Thanks for your time.

Phillip

Old 12-10-2000, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Phildogg, I just installed the front Razrs on my Scram. Here's the deal: Turning is 10x sharper. It just cuts into every curve. It no longer tipped to one side when cornering. The tires are stiffer and it helps a lot.

I noticed in 4x4 going somewhat slowly up sand hills that the forward traction is almost zero. Obviously because of the tread pattern. On hardpacked, performance is great. It fealt smoother in the whoops also, because of the stiffer sidewalls. Another detail I noticed is the at they go where they are pointed. I turn the handle an inch and they just go. With the stockers I had to really turn the handle bars to make it turn somewhat sharp. Very good tires. Ihear the others are good too.

Brian

Old 12-10-2000, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

I just happen to have Holeshots on the rear, and Razrs up front. Me and four riding friends all bought Holeshots at the same time. Funny thing, none of our front tires would hold air overnight. We called the distributer, and he said that was very common, the tires were so stiff, they had a hard time seating the bead. I got tired of pumping up my fron tires before each ride, so I put Razrs on the front. They are a bit softer and seem to grab in the corners better. Don't worry about the mud, the high ground clearance, along with the power, will take you through just about anything. You'll be suprised.

Old 12-10-2000, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Speaking of sharper turning, I heard if you toe your front tires in,(they're toed-out from the factory) that you can turn more aggresively. As far as the four wheel drive removal, you'd probably be better off trading for a sport or scrambler 2x.

Old 12-11-2000, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

How do you toe them in?