Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Question about Snow Plows ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Snow Plows ??

My son would like Me to purchase a glacier system for his sp 600 and use it for plowing peoples driveways ...( i think this is a new fad for him but a good size expense for me ....Any way ?? is im wondering if these plows really work well for driveways ( irealize not as well as a full size truck plow ) but is this a good investment or is he going to use it once and that s it ..Thanks ...

Old 12-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Range Rover

I have one sitting under the Christmas tree right now --- I tried to open it just now, but my wife attacked me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My ol' man's buddy has a small Kawi 4 x 4 (no bigger than a 400) which has a 60" plow he uses to plow his son's 700' driveway. He says it amazed him how easily it ripped thru the snow. The only problem is if you plow the snow into one big pile, then attempt to push all of it at once -- not happenin' with an ATV. He loves it. He ended up selling the plow for his truck and pocketing the x-tra $$$.

Your 600 will have more power & weight, with even better results.

After Christmas (& if it snows...) I'll have more hands-on info for ya.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

i geuss it all depends on how serious you are about using it. we had a plow and never used it once. we had a loader so using the quad woulda just been somthing to do. but if you have a bunch of ppls driveways that you will be able to plow then go for it. these plows work, but if you are thinking of doin it as a business youll want something bigger

Old 12-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Works great for me two years in a row now.

Here are some PICS of my current set-up. Not only does it do a good job, but its also fun. Lots more fun than mowing grass!

Old 12-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

I have a 60" Eagle plow on my 500ho, the Eagle plows are taller and heavier than the Glacier plows, my drive is short but I push the snow way out in the yard with no problem and when I get done you could almost turn a semi truck and trailer around in it, lift the blade and ramp the piles that really helps. I just made side scoops so now I should get done even faster.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Pro Rider

It depends on his motivation. If he sticks with it he will recoup the money for the blade the first few snowfalls. They work great for driveways and small parking lots. They can get into the nooks and crannies the trucks cannot get into. The problem with driveways is you have to shovel out away from the garage doors then push the snow away with the quad. You northern boys ought to make a lot of cash pushing snow. I have a 60" moose and love it. It does a good job. There are other quality plows out there the glacier being one also. Good Luck.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

I just ordered a cycle county plow from motoxoutlet.com, they had the best deals I could find - but I am also lucky since they are local [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]