Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Price range for 07 Deluxe - limited edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price range for 07 Deluxe - limited edition

Good evening gentleman ? and trail ladies ;-),

This appears to be a great forum, I?ve been lurking in the background for quite sometime and thought I would shimmy up to the plate to post a question. In May of 07 I?ll be returning to the states after working here in Iraq for the past 2 years as a civilian Paramedic. My treat to myself when I return will be a Polaris 800. I own a Prairie 400 4X4 now, but have always dreamed of owning a Polaris!

While reading some websites, I got the impression that the limited edition was just that ? very limited. Is this true? Once I return to my job in the states, any spending of this magnitude will cease. I will be buying the bike outright, and only wish to spend once, but have the bells and whistles in all one lump sum. My problem is, I don?t know what is a realistic price range to be preparing for. When I say bells and whistles, basically I?m just referring to everything that maybe comes on a deluxe package anyway? maybe some hard front and rear containers at most. Assuming it pretty much has everything else, I should be good to go.

My objectives with this bike are mostly trail riding, and in the fall and winter preparing food plots etc. So for all practical purposes, my most intended use is simple good old fashion family fun stirring up dust on the tails. Thanks for any suggestions, or comments. Hope each of you have a great holiday season.

Kenny
Tikrit, Iraq
Hometown ? Cullman, Alabama

Old 12-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

The PXT Tires that came on my 06 Sportsman were junk. In a little over 100 miles I had 30 or 40 plugs!!! Riding in the Northeast is very rough on tires. The stock ones are only 4 ply and many aftermarket tires are 6 ply. If I had it to do over again I would have worked a deal with the dealer. They may give you up to $400 for the PXT's. My XTR's were 380 delivered. They have 400 miles on them and not one plug!

Also, BUY BUMPERS! The first day out with my brand new quad I hit a tree and ripped the front off. I did the repair and then bought the bumpers! Do it right the first time.

Thanks for fighting the good fight. Be safe!

Old 12-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

I am sorry to hear of so many plugs. I, on the other hand, think that they are the best stock tire of any brand. I do agree that if you want to change them out, try to work a deal at the time of purchase. Get any amount of miles on them and they will be hardly worth anything. I have one of the MV(military version) models like the ones that are over there. They are coming out again in mid-07. 700 carb. and 800 EFI.

Yes, yes, thanks for your service! A Big Buckeye Salute to you, and all that are serving!

Old 12-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 06 Sportsman 500 X2 and like the stock tires, altho here in AZ it is customary to "slime" them because of all the cactus. Mine is still stock, but I have been wanting a front bumper and eventually a winch, and maybe a rear box when they get one to work with the dump box and 2 up.

Thanks for the good work 'over there', we appreciate it. I did my share back in Viet Nam in the Navy.
Cheers

Old 12-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer

bigken, according to the polaris web site the deluxe has the following extras over the standard; 2500lb winch, alum. wheels, ADC, dual exhaust, rear rack ext., backup/tail lights, and grey/blue color for and extra $ 600, bringing the MRSP to $9100. the extras you mentioned would be above and beyond, and the do add up, front bump/brush $160, rear bump $90, frt rack ext $60 hard storage box $180 ect.. as far as the PXT tires, i've had good luck with mine 600 mi no problems, however i do not ride that much on rocks, mostly hard pack and snowmoble trails, if the $$ for the 800's is too steep, consider the 700's, plenty of power for what you want to do. good luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply sir, and as well to the others.

I called the dealer that is nearest my home county, and they quoted a price of 9999.00 stock. I don't think they budged an inch off the MRSV for a 800 Deluxe model SP. Worse than that, she tried to convince me that they couldn't even give them away, but that they couldn't keep the Can-Am's in stock....................Don't ya love it when you want a can of corn, and the sell ya a can of peas?

Have ya ever sat on the swing on the porch, and often wondered of the bike you would buy if you just had a job so you can pay cash money?..........For once in my life I have that job, but I do want to get home someday soon! Spending like that will only keep me over here many moons longer. My treat though is this Polaris 800 regardless is I had to boost it off to load it on the truck!

All that said, I'm not foolish enough to go in there talking like that, Id rather pay an honest and fair value price, and save the chitter chat with the salesman for something better.........Like that Polaris cap hangin on the wall......Lol. I want a bike I can both enjoy, depend on, and know that when I need it, it will work! I think the Polaris for me is the right decision. So if indeed it's 9999.00, then that's what I'll have to dig out, but Id rather save the extra cash for good ole trail riding fuel if I could help it.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. If I could get some prices of OTD for some of your bikes that would be helpful.

Happy Holidays,

Kenny

Old 12-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i would not pay top retail price for any bike that i was paying cash for. there is plenty of other dealers out there that are willing to drop even if only 100.00 off to sell to you. if you look at my pics you'll see my extras are both f,back bumpers a 3.0 winch and itp rims and xtr tires. also installed a heat gauge. be warned this 800 twin does run hot so as you knowand is not great on gas so maybe get a gas pac if you're doing alot of long miles tripps w/ no gas stations around. my bike (06) retailed for 8699. and i bought it for 8199. so some dealers will work with ya a little.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

If you wait until September or October when dealers are clearing out the 07's you should be able to negotiate a smokin deal on what you want.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i agree. i bought mine last dec. and thats why i got a good deal and they were offering a free 3yr warr. as well as zero/zero on the polaris card.paid it of last june so no interest paid. you might condersider looking for a 06 hold over which would be alot cheaper and only thing lacking is to buy a winch and oh yea doesnt have the adc but does have the duals/ alum rims/and rear rack. just a thought.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Agree with stendori and snapshot. Late year deals are usually better, and if you could find an 06, great deal would think. Bought mine few mos back, $7300 OTD for camo. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Price range for 07 Deluxe - limited edition