Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pheonix Junk

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pheonix Junk

Has anyone had this similar problem! i have two of these Pheonix bought the same day and they both have tranny problem's. When i got them home my son's went riding not even 5 minute's later they were back, said it kept popping out of gear. I went back to the dealer told them the problem,no problem we will fix them. 10 Months later they are in the shop for 6th time for the same problem. POLARIS told them to keep fixing them now i am out of my warrenty and they have been in the shop for 7 months on and off but i am still paying for these pieces of JUNK while they sit in the dealer. Polaris will have nothing to do with the two quads or return any of my call's this has to be the worst Company ever they absolutly do not stand behind ANY of there product's. Ifound out that the 2005 has had this problem, mine are 2006 and they were suppose to have fixed this problem, but guess what! Now all of a sudden they told me the case's are bad they have to be replaced at a combined cost out of my pocket of $7200.00 this is a JOKE. I can buy two new ones for that price (ya right) I will not buy nor should anyone else a POLARIS again. It is so profitable for them to do this, but they still cannot make a good product. If anyone has this problem or idea's let me know. So as of now i am stuck with brand new JUNK can't sell them nor give them back. Oh and i left out the last two time's they were in the shop still under warrenty they refused to pay the dealer for thier laber on the two bike's. How do like that, this is not right at ALL! Flat out the company STINK'S they should do use all a favor and just go out of Bussiness.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pheonix Junk

does your state have a lemon law? if so look into it maybe they can help you w/ a court case if needed. just an idear.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Pheonix Junk

No, I have looked into it, I had some contact with the Attorney General waiting to see what comes of that. Thanks

Old 12-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pheonix Junk

no problem. up here we have a lemon law and it sounds like they would be lemons for sure.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Pheonix Junk

No dout these are lemons right off the tree.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Pheonix Junk

Mines an 05 the problems its having is that the kick start jams the engine so it wont start or even turn over this is the second time in 4 months!

Old 02-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Range Rover
Default Pheonix Junk

I know how ya feel, I bought a 06 500ho new and just after the warrenty was off ( a month or two) with less than 50hrs the front diff. took a crap, and it has not been abused at all. And then the exhaust got so hot it melted my plastic and seat. ( Both of these are big problems that they have). My dealer told me to make a complaint to them ( and he's not very happy about it either) so I wrote them letters and sent them e-mails, but basically all I got was sorry about your luck. So I e-mailed them back and let them know that I was planning on getting a new 400ho for my wife and maybe a new 550 for me, but now I will never buy another Polaris again and that I let everyone know about there poor customer service. And if they can't stand behind there product than why should I.

I know the warrenty was over but this thing machine had less than 50hrs. it wasn't even broke in yet. I like my 500 it does what I need with no problem but not to sure about the reliability of the front diff.. I am kinda scared to go on ride with fear of the diff. going again.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Pheonix Junk

your right, there was like 3 recalls on the 05' pheonix's which i have they did one in the shop when it was there but there was no notice from the dealer about the other two, and we bought it new so there was no middle person. Then one of the problems caused the battery to die and I bought a new one which also died in one week not knowing why so when i took it there they relacped the rectifier(the recall) and the battery and said they only had me pay for a <u>new battery</u>! Which was another $60.00! I like the atv's but they just need to figure out some stuff.