Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

CHILL OUT.....................

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2000, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time I get angry is when I know something to be true and somebody is talking crap.
Well I know allot of people who have several toys, me I have my SP and two Indy Sports, soon to be adding another Polaris atv, and a couple personal water crafts or a boat, girlfreind wants PWC, she is to cool, imagine the woman in your life asking for toys like that? She wants the other atv.The PWC are more her idea than mine. up here we don't get any slack for PWC's there are so many lakes people in general up here are all for atver's, snowmobilers and water toy owners. Brings in much needed dollars to local stores and hotels. Keeps people working, to bad the environmentalists can't see that. but that is another topic all together. I don't care how the 4x4 system works on my SP, it works better than any other 4x4 system I have ever owned or driven. That is enough knowledge on how it works for me.

Old 12-14-2000, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Hey xepathfinder, does she have a sister? I'd say pick up a boating law book at your town office, and check out all the lakes that have banned PWC's. I was looking at getting one until we got a paper saying that South Branch Lake(I have a camp there) was banning them this next summer. So I bought a 14ft boat and a 25 horse merc. instead.

Old 12-14-2000, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

You mean Polaris is going 3wd like the rest.I would not like the uncontrollable unless going super slow locker deal either.

Old 12-14-2000, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Tim1

from what 800twin said and from what i have read on polaris website the new 4 wheel drive system will be similar to that on a truck. i think it will engage the front wheels right when u turn on the AWD, it will NOT wait for rear wheel slipage. it would be an imediate engagement rather than a delayed one like it is now. but i have to admit that the the current system is still very good. i dont think polaris is going to 3 wheel drive, at least i hope not.

later
jon

Old 12-14-2000, 08:04 PM
hc
Range Rover

Bill.Ciliberti, I have tried that very thing right after i got my SP500. Rode it to a sand pit close to the house and tried to back up a small hill of sand in two wheel drive then engaged the AWD and went up the hill without spinning the tires. I didn't go very far in 2WD in reverse. Try sliding the back end around in sand in AWD.:O

Old 12-15-2000, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

slickrock,
I made the comment in the Honda forums "Ignorance is Bliss" in response to your belt burners topics. I did not take offense to your topic. I do, however, disagree. There are ways to make the belt system completely water proof; however, even stock the new Sportsman can take on water almost up to the rack.

Of course, I have not seen the new Prairie 650 in action, but I can assure you that even when it comes out, I will continue to look around at the other Sportsmans to sum up my competition before the mud races. Most of the big quads mon the market have sufficient power. The problem is that most of them have outdated suspension systems. This is still going to be the case with the new Prairie 650.

SO, speaking for myself as a Polaris owner, there is no need for me to "Chill Out". I will just continue to look past people like you in an effort to see the real competiton. LOL

Greg

Old 12-15-2000, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Greg,
Been a while we have bert's scrambler UP to 21" under the floor boards with 28-12.50-12 outlaws all around.The website is almost finished so we will be posting pictures real soon.

Old 12-16-2000, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

800Twin,
It sounds like that is going to be tough to beat. You guys should try to come to the New Years Eve Ride at FWP. The place is is one big mud hole. Most of the bikes were having trouble just making it around the slew. The woods are 1-3 feet deeps with plenty of mud and ruts. They have changed the way the mud races are going to be organized. Everyone puts their money into a pot and the winner takes all. BTW, I am running Outlaws now.

Greg