Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I need a pic of 800 exh

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007 | 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default I need a pic of 800 exh

I had my mine done at FireBall Performance in southern Ontario. Stay away from the colors and go with the polished silver. The colors are a lower temperature coating. My red burned up at the first 180 degree bend and the rest completely discoloured in the first trip. FireBall redid it in the polished silver and now it?s great. It?s just as shiny as the day I put it back on. I recommend doing the heat shields as well. The aluminium and steel both coat nicely. Mud barely sticks and falls off with the assistance of a hose for the big stuff. I hope you have the large steel L shaped shield. It replaces the two small aluminium ones that mine came with and does a way better job.

When I bought my bike I thought the twin cans were aluminium but I have since learned that they are steel and ceramic coated.

When installing the pipe keep the can loose (floating), attach the springs and then tighten at the motor. Lastly tighten the can. If it is loud when you start it but goes away shortly when it warms up it means the can is being held away from the pipe when cold and then expanding of the hot pipe is what is seals it. Ideally you want the rubber grommets that hold the can on, to take care of the pipe expansion with the donut sealing at all times.

Sound like you are having fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Totun

Old 01-02-2007 | 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default I need a pic of 800 exh

Not exactly sure what you are looking for but have a 800 05 took a few snaps can send you. Will try PM with my e-mail.