Best way to cleam my Quads.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to cleam my Quads.

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

Whats the best way to clean the engine and all the little nooks and crannies of my quads. I went to an off road park this past weekend and the dirt is so imbeded on the quads. I'm hoping there is a product that will melt away the dirt...

Thanks

Steve

Old 01-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the best way would have been washing it right after you got done riding...

what we normally do is take a pressure washer to it using warm to hot water and spray it down really good....

Old 01-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer

I did that. I spent about 4 hours on them. The problem is the dirt seems to stick to the engine and the paint. I can rub it off but it will take me a month to get it all off. Also, the tires have this green stuff on them from the mud. I scrubbed but they won't come clean.

Old 01-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Range Rover

Like Mn said.. We use a pressure washer when we get back home ( So the mud isn't COMPLETELY glued to it ) and it all comes off both bikes in an hour or so, no problem. As for the green stuff..I dunno.

Old 01-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

i use super clean from walmart on the body and engine. and westleys bleach white on the tires and wheels. put i on, let it sit for a beer and power wash it off.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i just pressure wash mine when we get back then hand wash them w/ soap and water to make them shine again but you really shouldnt let them sit for long periods of time as it will stain the plastic.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Trailblazer

I'll have to get a pressure washer. I do clean them right after I ride though.. But a power washer sounds like it would really help. As for the green stuff, I dun no eihter. I put a little vinylx on the tire. That seemed to help, but it makes them real slippery.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use simple green then power wash it. then wash with soap & water. then I spray entire bike with tire foam(except seat) I then wipe it after foam is gone and it looks like brand new. Then I spray engine, shocks all over with WD40 as well. Its alot but I have it to a science and it always looks clean.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Range Rover

while you're pressure washing it, don't forget to blast (not too hard) the radiator- make sure it isn't caked with mud.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: stevodee
I did that. I spent about 4 hours on them. The problem is the dirt seems to stick to the engine and the paint. I can rub it off but it will take me a month to get it all off. Also, the tires have this green stuff on them from the mud. I scrubbed but they won't come clean.
the green stuff on the tires is probably clay, i posted this question on another site and one of the replys i got was to use silicone tire shine, i used simple green and washed it by hand but had stains on the front and back racks on my sportsman. the tire shine worked, and from experience it should work on your tires too. the westlys tire bleach is awesome stuff too, but it will eat the clear coat off of aluminum wheels (dont ask how i know this). something else that i didnt try yet but was recomended was S100,when i get around to it i will try it also.

Quick Reply: Best way to cleam my Quads.