Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Plow question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plow question?

buffsabres...
I wouldn't get rid of the snowblower if I were you......You never know if you'll ever have a problem with the 4 wheeler or the plow......It doesn't hurt to have backup......I have both..

John

Old 01-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Plow question?

If i still had a snow blower I'd keep it around. I think i could plow 12 or 14" of snow, maybe more i don't know yet. In a blizzard you would definatly do better with a snow blower. You need room to put any snow you plow.
The wheel is a whole lot more fun.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Plow question?

I have the 50" straight blade from Moose. It does a great job and lots of fun. If I was to replace it I would get a 60". I've plowed about 100 inches of snow so far this winter and only used the snowblower ONCE. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default Plow question?

I will be out there plowing the every driveway on the street. My wife will think I am working and the neighbors will love me but I will be having a blast. I am thinking about getting the chatterbox so I can hook in the cell phone and sirius radio into my helmet. As long as I am warm I won't have to worry about anything else.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Plow question?

Definitely get a 60 inch blade. If you get a 48" blade you will not be able to angle the blade without leaving tracks in the snow and it will be sloppy or take much longer to clean up.
I love my glacier plow and 60" razor blade - much better than the snow blower I used to use but alot depends on the lenght of your driveway.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Plow question?

love to plow n play" ,but i would suggest the sideflaps i wish i had a set .. i also wired up a pair small pair of off road lights to a quadovator trail proof switch.. that s a lot better at night,, oh what the hell i just like switches and buttons

Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default Plow question?

Does it cause a problem to have a plow that is wider then the wheeler?

Old 01-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Plow question?

i have NEVER had a problem pushing my 60 ,i live on a pvt drive about a 1/4 mile long and my drivrway it self in on a steep hill (should have played w/ the dozer somemore). i dont even own a set of chains , you got 4wd right???.. my john deer 111 lawn tractor 11hp had a 48 inch blade but that was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to slow... but then again i do live in michigan we used to gat alot of snow

Old 01-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Plow question?

I have no doubts what a great job a plow on a atv would do on the driveway but how do they do when the snow plow comes by and plows the end of your driveway in with 3-4 feet high and 5-6 feet wide hardpacked snow bank? I would love to get one but I worry about the end of the driveway. I have a 1987 dodge ram charger with a 6 foot plow in 4 wheel drive barely get through it and the truck has monster tires on it.

I know this doesnt compare but I had a plow on my 14hp Honda tractor and it's dead impossible for that to get through the end of the driveway. Got the tractor stuck everytime with chains on the tires

How tough can atv plows get through the banks - hype it up cuz I really do want one for my 450!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default Plow question?

As long as the ATV will push it without a problem I would rather get the 60" razor. I have already put my Snowblower on Ebay. Do you have any issues with fitting it into different areas? I would like to be able to do the sidewalks and everything if possible.

You don't have chains or anything and you have no problem with traction, that is great.

Quick Reply: Plow question?