Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

what will clean my atv?? info please

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2000, 09:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wont something that will cut threw the mud on my atv engine i ride in tons of mud and my atv gets very muddy especially the engine. Some people tell me acid will cut the mud of your engine. But is that safe wont that stuff mess up your electrical or engine gaskets. Im just tired of using a wire brush on my engine it takes forever. And purple power or super clean wont do the job not strong enough. What do you use to clean your atv and how good does it work. Please tell me what u use???NEED SOMETHING TO CUT TREW GREASE SUPER CLEAN DOES NOT WORK

Thank you

HAVE A NICE DAY

Old 12-14-2000, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

To cut through the grease use CRC degreaser spray, it's industrial strength and it drys leaving no oily residue.
If you really want to keep the mud from clinging to your machine use silicone spray after your done washing and you gave the machine time to dry go out and spend a couple of bucks on a can of silicone and spray it on your whole machine I mean on everything, what it will do is put a protective and shiny layer on the parts you spray it on to prevent rust, corrosion, fading. It also makes your machine water resistant and add's lubrication to moving parts, spray it on all the electrics too. Believe me you'll thank me later, I know I went through the same thing your going through before I knew the benefits of silicone.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 12-14-2000, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Be more specific on your spary, as in what brand and where can it be purchased.

thanks

EC

Old 12-14-2000, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Here's my trick, car wash(the whole bike), I carry a can of carb cleaner(spray the engine & plastic, but watch out for the stickers - leave set for 1 or 2), respray the bike and it's brand new again.

Old 12-15-2000, 07:37 AM
Trailblazer

First spray all affected areas with WD40 BEFORE you ride.The silicone in the spray won't allow the mud to stick.Go down to your local Suzuki dealer and buy Suzuki Wash.It emulsifies grease and dirt, then it will wash away with a garden hose.

Old 12-15-2000, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

Either prestone or CRC silicone, they both work really good and have a high viscosity rating. You can buy it at any department or auto parts store.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 12-15-2000, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

an aluminum wheel cleaner works pretty good.. i rinse all the heavy crap off,soapy sponge and clean all the plastic,rinse,spray wheel cleaner on all aluminum and let set for a few mins..rinse and then spray the whole quad with son of a gun tire spray..theres clean pics of my quad on my page(looks like everything is wet) below,those were takena n hour after i washed it and looks brand new,everyone at the garage comments at how new it looks..i think it looks better than when i bought it

Old 12-15-2000, 10:30 AM
Range Rover

Xpedition4254x4,
You say castrol super clean does not work, I havent had grime on my atvs yet that stuff didnt penetrate, your not dilluting it are you. Castrol superclean gets that gunky buildup off my swingarm where the chain lube overspray hits it and dirt sticks to it and thats harder to clean than anything I have seen on an engine.
You were using the superclean in a spray bottle werent you, and a strong water hose to wash it off.
Wish I could have been more help

Old 12-15-2000, 12:20 PM
Range Rover

I use some stuff called s-100 which is sold by dennis kirk or your local bike shop. Sells for about 10-12 bucks a bottle cleans everything like new even mud.Well worth the money as far as im concearned. Havnt found anything that works better even powerwashing doent hold a candle to it.It even has some kind of rust inhibiter in it water beads up like you just waxed it and leaves no spots.

Old 12-16-2000, 04:30 PM
Range Rover

Thank you for all the post. I tried some silicone spray works good. Castrol super clean works ok sense i dindnt add water to it. Anyway has anyone tried some acid on there engine to burn off the grime and mud.

"HAVE A NICE DAY!!"

Quick Reply: what will clean my atv?? info please