Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Too cold and/or getting old????

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too cold and/or getting old????

I can remember a time, not so long ago. My quad would have never been on the operation table for so long. The cluthces/belt cover needs reinstalled, and the left front axle needs a boot put on it! This is going on 3 weeks now! I wonder if I am too old to want to work on it in the cold! 30 degs warmer, and I know it would be back together by now! I have a propane heater, I don't even want to be out there long enough to get it fired up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

RELAX TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!! now think about what your saying. its never too cold to ride...!!!! go fire up your heater have a cup of coffee and get r done!!! its minus one here and after work is over at noon yes i will be on the bike playing in the snow!!!!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

dude - your gettin old. I'm goin thru the same thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and it only happened to me within the past 2 years (im 39) I used to fire up my little kerosene heater in the garage and work on my Porsche all winter - I tore the engine almost all the way down, sanded, painted all engine metal put back together, tuned, replaced dist and a ton of other things and that was when it was 5 to 10 degrees out. My garage is just a sheet metal pole barn. But now I dont even feel like bein in there let alone working out there for 5 hours at a time. it sucks gettin old. I dont mind playin in ANY weather but workin on somthin - now thats different - no sir............i dont like it

Old 02-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Range Rover

When you get to old you just got to put up a new shop thats heated!!!!! I don't mind working on anything right now my shop is heated by a wood burner and its about 76? out there right now and its -3? outside!!!! I love working on stuff out there because its usually warmer out there then it is in the house [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. Just work on it a little at a time then go warm up and do a little more you'll get it done! Good luck.
Jason

Old 02-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

if my garage was 76 degrees in the winter I would never leave it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I must insulate and get a wood stove! maybe a summer project

Old 02-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

u can do it ...............

Old 02-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

Yeah is sure is nice make sure you insulate it though I have 8 inches all the way around and it stayes warm along time in there, put some more wood in and your ready to go again.
Jason

Trending Topics

Old 02-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i know im getting too old lol. i dont even ride mine in the winter. way too cold and too many things break under the cold condtions and freezing parts.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Gee what a sad thread [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hikuntryslim
u can do it ...............
I feel the love, I was a little sheepish putting up this thread, but I can see, this has partly turned into a support thread. I honestly feel like working on it today. I probably won't, but atleast I feel like it, LOL!!!!

Colt..., yeah riding is a different story. I would ride it, just don't want to fix it!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Too cold and/or getting old????