Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Wasted purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wasted purchase

I thought a Polaris 2004 500 HO with a Polaris V-plow might have gotten me thru a few inches of snow covered w/ice. I was quite wrong, the plow simply floated, even though I broke the ice to start. Then the Polarisis just died at idle, and has yet to restart. I'll trade, straight up, for a working commercial snowthrower at this point. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wasted purchase

If there is ice under the snow your not going far with rubber tires.
The 500HO is bulletproof.
Long as it's been taken care of i'm sure you engine problem is something very simple.
I'm sure someone here will help you if you give them a break down of the engine problem.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Wasted purchase

I had chains on the back, one came off when I had to make a 3 point turn. POS died while I remounted chain, never would restart. I could have dug myself out in the time it took to get POS back in garage. ATVs can't handle ANY ice, even w/chains.

500 HO bulletproof? tell that to my back, esp. once I finish shoveling tomorrow.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wasted purchase

I wish I had a snowblower sitting around.

It might help to tell people where you live.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Wasted purchase

plowed 20cms of snow last night, 1200 foot driveway, freezing rain ontop of it all, the SP500 never even hickuped, 2 hours of fun in the snow driveway was clear.... (No chains)

Old 02-15-2007, 08:43 AM
Range Rover
Default Wasted purchase

I think the only trouble with Mr. waste's machine is the operator. I've plowed 800 feet of driveway for 4 years without chains, through snow depths up to 18". what a douchebag. Why would would you even sign up for this forum to post such ignorant nonsense?

Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wasted purchase

i have seen many polaris w/ plows doing alot more snow that, like today w/ 15"or better. i would say maybe water in gas, carb dirty,fuel filter, could be alot of things thats not the fault of the wheeler. and yes most of the 500's are bullet proof. by the way i've worked on many!!!!!!!!!!!! snow blowers that ice up and break down as well, just a thought.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wasted purchase

Welcome to the forums atvwaste. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Guys I don't think bashing this guy is a good thing. He may just have his ride set up all wrong. atvwaste, I'm sure if you give these guys some better information about your issues they can have you up and running right in no time. As mentioned your 500HO is a great machine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default Wasted purchase

Agree with FB on this.

Need a little more info other than it just died and won't restart. Does it crank? Have you looked at the plug? Checked the fuel line (did it freeze)?

I'm sure more than one of us has had something break and our first thought is POS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But, the others are right about the 500 being a good machine. I'm sure once you get it figured out and running, in time you'll agree with them.

Welcome to the forums atvwaste. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wasted purchase

i agree bashing isnt the anwser for some one who is new and frustrated because of a simple problem im sure. when we know more info we may help.

Quick Reply: Wasted purchase