Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

250 Trailblazer Mods? *Updated*

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250 Trailblazer Mods? *Updated*

Originally posted by: Jester2899
Ok quick question, where the heck is the cdi box? me and my dad just took all the plastic off and we think it might be on the front grill siting on top of the gas tank, is this true?

Also does everyone think if i get my fly wheel lightend and my carb bored out i will see a big increase in performance gain?
The CDI box is underneath the rear fender. The lightended flywheel will give you more power but will make the powerband hit harder and wheelies become easy. The carb boring will add mabe a hp or 2. The bottom end responce would be very good compared to what you have.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

LOL BUMP!!

I have more money =]

Ok so i tried putting my bike on ebay and the newspaper and for a couple weeks , no bites.. so i have decided to keep it for a couple more years , since its a lot cheaper then getting a new bike and i am in love with it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol

Ok...

What are some other mods i should get done to my bike?

I was thinking of getting that reed coversion kit, its only about 600$ (which by the looks of it, seems worth it?) ]

I wanna be able to keep up with my friends 300ex (stock) and also my bros heavily (i mean hes not cheap heavy, 1k + into the bikes engine) moddified blaster...

Now does everyone think the reed conversion kit is worth it right now?

Or should i save that for last?

I was thinking Boerd carb,Lighten Flywheel, Port and polish ?

Or instead of all that just get the Reed conversion kit?

Which one will i get more performance from? I have been reading some of the older threads , and by the looks of it, people are beating stock 400s with that kit?

Anyone have a video of a trailblazer w/ a read conversion kit in action?

Thanks for all the help! guys!

Old 03-17-2007, 08:49 PM

theres no way that i know off to beting ur friends 300 or the blaster with the 250 the ex an the blasters are manuls and the tbs are autos but with alot of money inthem they will do it but they will take u off the line but u could probley have them in the long run

Old 03-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trailblazermudrunner
theres no way that i know off to beting ur friends 300 or the blaster with the 250 the ex an the blasters are manuls and the tbs are autos but with alot of money inthem they will do it but they will take u off the line but u could probley have them in the long run

How is that possible? i read with the 600$ read conversion kit, people were smoking 400s?

Old 03-17-2007, 09:05 PM

sorry mi buddy read it to me and he read it rong to me

Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

o0o no prob..lol

So what does everyone suggest?

Reed conversion kit..

Or over the summer:

Lighten flywheel, bore carb, port and polish, new spokets..

I think i may have my uncle strip down my bike to just the frame so i can paint it a cherry red [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol but right now im focusing on performance and beating my friends 300ex and my friends 325 trailboss, and also my bros blaster...

Old 03-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

i checked out reeds and their only used on old honda 250r and banshees.im still trying to find out how they work. but i hear that if you take one off a banshee it well still run but will lose alot of power. so i think a reed kit with all the mods you have will be better then a carb. see how you have an auto two stroke i think the reed and carb and the other mods your thinking about are the last things you can do unless theirs a big bore kit.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well if i get the reed kit, it would deff be it for a while, so would 1 of those, or all the other parts give me more performance?

Old 03-17-2007, 10:47 PM

u would have NO PROBLEM beating a traiboss i can beat a p360 in the long run if u can id save up for the stage 3 i think i gave u the link back in the pages like page 2 i think some where around there its like 800 bucks but i mean it say u can beat 400 scammys.....take a look into it and tell me if the link is back in the post and if not ill find it again for u

Old 03-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trailblazermudrunner
u would have NO PROBLEM beating a traiboss i can beat a p360 in the long run if u can id save up for the stage 3 i think i gave u the link back in the pages like page 2 i think some where around there its like 800 bucks but i mean it say u can beat 400 scammys.....take a look into it and tell me if the link is back in the post and if not ill find it again for u

Yes that is a great deal, but 1 i have most of the parts already lol..... And also i dont want to have to use racing fuel!

lol thanks

Quick Reply: 250 Trailblazer Mods? *Updated*