Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris stock Carlisle AT489........Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris stock Carlisle AT489........Tires

Originally posted by: brutus450
I think they suck and they are the only tires I have ever ridden on. They flex when you are sideways down in a hole and mud packs in the bead. the traction is rediculous - I went riding with a couple guys and they had much lessor machines with mudlites and went through more than I could. I'm not impressed

I am going for mudlite xtr's once spring hits
This guy don't think so!!!!!!!.........O'well........there are alot worse tires out there....Caper.......

Old 03-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put holeshots on and they are like night and day.The stockers were alright but these grab 3 times more,stay flatter on corners,etc.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
Originally posted by: brutus450
I think they suck and they are the only tires I have ever ridden on. They flex when you are sideways down in a hole and mud packs in the bead. the traction is rediculous - I went riding with a couple guys and they had much lessor machines with mudlites and went through more than I could. I'm not impressed

I am going for mudlite xtr's once spring hits
This guy don't think so!!!!!!!.........O'well........there are alot worse tires out there....Caper.......
Caper.....man...you asked for opinions dude....I gave you mine. No Sir,,,,I dont like em. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am SURE there ALOT is worse, but for me, I want better than what we have.

Thats it .....I am taking you off my buddy list LOL j/k

Old 03-08-2007, 11:15 AM
UTU
Pro Rider

Well, I like mine especially when they wear down a bit. MAKES 'EM EXCELLENT FOR CREEK RIDING mud lites are good tires but, would not be good for the creek.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:00 PM

O.K. I get the picture...Brutus 450 DON"T like these tires........There!!!!!
You are on my Buddies list also......HUMMMMM.......I will leave you on even though you don't like the tires..........LOL...LOL.....Caper................ .

Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Okay Brute/Caper getting a lil mushy here
everybody knows your friends. Do I need
to call the Geek patrol, down Sheba! ehehe

With that all said, and discussing a little
from my previous threads maybe another
approach is to have a set of top of the line
MUD tires and likewise Trail tire vs. "The
ONE all BE ALL" tire. Thoughts?

That is what I would like to accomplish but
I don't have the extra bread and no easy
Air tools for easy change outs. "Its not the
NASCAR Hon.." (Baltimore lingo)

R'

Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well i know you other 450 hounds dont like my opinion, but though here it is. lol. when i put my pxt's from my 800 on the wifes 450 she could go further in the mud and it handles better as well(because they're radials) grant you thatthe pxt's are 26" vs. your 25". the stock 489's are ok if you have never had any other you wouldnt know any differnt. pretty much any tire once the square ends turn into rounded corners instead loose some traction quailty. we used the 489's on the trailblazer for 3 yrs until they were half wore out and then they became useless. put the mudlites on it and it was night and day. if you do buy another tire for the 450's you guys have, put 26" on to give you an extra boost. there i said it caper, brutus,and rticward.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by: stendori
well i know you other 450 hounds dont like my opinion, but though here it is. lol. when i put my pxt's from my 800 on the wifes 450 she could go further in the mud and it handles better as well(because they're radials) grant you thatthe pxt's are 26" vs. your 25". the stock 489's are ok if you have never had any other you wouldnt know any differnt. pretty much any tire once the square ends turn into rounded corners instead loose some traction quailty. we used the 489's on the trailblazer for 3 yrs until they were half wore out and then they became useless. put the mudlites on it and it was night and day. if you do buy another tire for the 450's you guys have, put 26" on to give you an extra boost. there i said it caper, brutus,and rticward.
O.K. Few question for Stendori........

Can you get a 25" mudlites to fit on stock rims????

Does the 450 have any issues with 26" tires on it?? EX. spedo off, hard turning, rubbin' fenders, axle or C.V. joint wear, wider sticking out beond the fenders(throwing mud on rider??).....inside space between strut......I know the stock tires are very close!!!!!

How much more weight will you have in total with 4 of these over stock tires???

Are they a rough ride over stock at higher speeds.....EX. dirt roads, long smooth gravel trails, or the few times we open the 450 up on the paved road........

Thanks........Caper........AS you know I not into any Mods...........YET!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
Originally posted by: stendori
O.K. Few question for Stendori........

Can you get a 25" mudlites to fit on stock rims????

Does the 450 have any issues with 26" tires on it?? EX. spedo off, hard turning, rubbin' fenders, axle or C.V. joint wear, wider sticking out beond the fenders(throwing mud on rider??).....inside space between strut......I know the stock tires are very close!!!!!

How much more weight will you have in total with 4 of these over stock tires???

Are they a rough ride over stock at higher speeds.....EX. dirt roads, long smooth gravel trails, or the few times we open the 450 up on the paved road........

Thanks........Caper........AS you know I not into any Mods...........YET!!!!!!!
lol, thats a few alright. as long as you get the right size ex. you have 10" rear rims vs 12" fornt rims then yes they will fit. mudlite does have 25"x11"10" for the rears, and 25x8x12" for the fronts. you really arent going to gain much though as the m.lites are only a "at=3/4" lug vs a xl=11/8" lug and dont have the size. there is no issues at all w/ the 26" on it and the weight isnt that much differnt since she also has my alum rims. maybe 10 lbs. more(guessing) the speedo wont be off more then a couple mph because its only 1" differnce. as the spacing between tire and sturt, its the same size width tire so its no differnt. no wear on any parts, once again its only 1" taller. these are radials she has so it actually steers easier for her then the stockers. but remeber your asking about a bias mudlite not a pxt radial.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Ste -

I accept 450 hounds as a compliment..8)
I think you already know that is the way
I want to go, is 26" and up, really considering
the Mud Lites 27". Don't know if I will need
spacers and still a little reluctant based on all
the Swap Lite info. I have marshy areas on Eastern Shore
Maryland I would like to go thru during hunting
season, thats where alot of the deer are.
But at the same time still want a all-around good
Trail tire, this leaning me back to the Swap Lites.

Decisions, Decisions, I value all the season veterns
opinions (aka Stendori)...8)

R'

Quick Reply: Polaris stock Carlisle AT489........Tires