Ste -

I accept 450 hounds as a compliment..8)
I think you already know that is the way
I want to go, is 26" and up, really considering
the Mud Lites 27". Don't know if I will need
spacers and still a little reluctant based on all
the Swap Lite info. I have marshy areas on Eastern Shore
Maryland I would like to go thru during hunting
season, thats where alot of the deer are.
But at the same time still want a all-around good
Trail tire, this leaning me back to the Swap Lites.

Decisions, Decisions, I value all the season veterns
opinions (aka Stendori)...8)

R'
i would highly recommend buying aftermarket wheel/tire kit if you do go bigger. the alum rims are already offset and dont have to worry about spacers or rubbing issues. as far as 27" i think (personally) it would be too much tire for the 450 to handle in the deep mud. this is why i only went 1 tire size up on both bikes and less worry about breakage.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris stock Carlisle AT489........Tires

Whats your take on using Rear Mud lites on the
front as some other have posted that?

R'

Old 03-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Well CAPER another bud of mine just bought an 07 500 EFI Deluxe. . . . . . . . . And he kept the stock tires!!!!!!! Now granted they are 26" PXTs, but now I know what my bike would have looked like stock LMFAO

Old 03-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by: RticKwad
Whats your take on using Rear Mud lites on the
front as some other have posted that?

R'
im not a big fan of putting 2 differnt types of tires on the bike. i would on a 2 wheel drive like i did to the old t.blazer and it worked really good. the biggest thing that holds tire selection back is the 10" rims on back. there is limited tire selection for those but there are a few. m.lites have some , as well as deirt devils. but not the xtr's. if you guys are happy w/ the 489's stick w/ them until they wear out and then decide on a differn tire if you want a change. i know the 489's are sold at walmart up in this neck of the woods.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Ste -

Good info. I think what I was trying
to strive for is all four tires with MudLites
on my quad. However using Mud Rears
on the front as well vs their smaller tire.
It was in a thread couple weeks back.

Do you have the same setup? What would
be the pros/cons of that?

Thanks,

R'

Old 03-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

lol, thats a few alright. as long as you get the right size ex. you have 10" rear rims vs 12" fornt rims then yes they will fit. mudlite does have 25"x11"10" for the rears, and 25x8x12" for the fronts. you really arent going to gain much though as the m.lites are only a "at=3/4" lug vs a xl=11/8" lug and dont have the size. there is no issues at all w/ the 26" on it and the weight isnt that much differnt since she also has my alum rims. maybe 10 lbs. more(guessing) the speedo wont be off more then a couple mph because its only 1" differnce. as the spacing between tire and sturt, its the same size width tire so its no differnt. no wear on any parts, once again its only 1" taller. these are radials she has so it actually steers easier for her then the stockers. but remeber your asking about a bias mudlite not a pxt radial.[/quote]

Hey Stendori - did your wifes 450 come with 10" rears? My 450 came with 12' front AND rear. I know the specs on the POlaris wesite says 10" but mine has 12's all around

Old 03-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

if your refering to having the same size width on front as back, then no i wouldnt do it for a number of reasons myself. if your refering to having differnt size diam. tires such as 25 on front and 26 on back i wouldnt do that either. on my 450(wifes) i just went to my stock 800's tires which are the same width fornt and back as the on the 450 stock. the only differnce is that there 26" tall vs 25" on the 450. i know i prpbably didnt answer your question.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

thats ok - I was talking about diameter - you mentioned 450 come with 10" rear diameter rims but mine came with 12's. I looked at your pistures and looks like your 450 had 12's on the rear too.

thats all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Originally posted by: brutus450
thats ok - I was talking about diameter - you mentioned 450 come with 10" rear diameter rims but mine came with 12's. I looked at your pistures and looks like your 450 had 12's on the rear too.

thats all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
yep now i know im loosing it. i looked at the polaris web page and read the 10" off the site. never mind remebering what was actually on the bike. lol please disreguard all the above which was made by a mentally challanged(ME) moron. lol. jsut make sure the front is the same width if you put bigger tires on. sorry brutus for the confusion bud.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
Just posting this to see how they are holding up and are the Polaris riders happy with the traction and tread on these stock tires.....Most of the T.V. shows I watched this year(dirt trax T.V. for one)....Said Polaris has the best stock tire out there as of right now!!!!(ATV Trail Rider Mag also).....Do you think there is a better stock tire than Polaris?
I am happy with them so far with around 1000 miles on my quad .....But I really don't have anything to compare them with .....They seem to be an all round good tire for my riding............they are the only ones I can comment on!!!!!...Thanks....Caper.............

Does Polaris only use Carlisle tires from the Factory? What brand comes stock on the other makes?
my 700 came with Goodyear Rawhides and they were awsome for stock tires, way more agressive than the Carlisle's but polaris dumped the rawhides because too many people complained that they were too rough on the trails. polaris then tried to find better all around tires which is fine because like scrammy, anyone who will be doing alot of mud riding replaces the stock tires right away any way because there is no one out there who has a stock tire that can compare to a good aftermarket mud tire.

Quick Reply: Polaris stock Carlisle AT489........Tires