Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

pxt's vs xtr's

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default pxt's vs xtr's

ok i got wondering since theres been alot of questions about how good these do in snow(plus i really wanted to get them out) i compared the 2 tires. the pxt does pretty good in snow(better then i thought they would do but they dont turn very good in this mushy granular snow. backing up is usless w/out awd. (this is in about 15" of snow) now the xtr's, wow, these things are increidable in the snow. they turn way better then the pxt's do. they dont do very good(but better then the pxt in backing up w/out awd, but going forward they did really well. only thing that makes me use the awd is saving my lawn to be trashed. all, in all, the stockers do a good job, but dont hold a candle to the itp mudlit xtr's.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pxt's vs xtr's

The bigest differance is the xtrs grt so much traction that they tend to dig down and get you stuck if you are trying to stay on top of drifts . they work awsome everywhere else.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default pxt's vs xtr's

every tire i have ever seen will dig you down to the bottom and get u stuck. but yes the xtrs do dig a good hole for sure.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Default pxt's vs xtr's

not the same tire but the ams swampfoxs that on mi moms p360 do good but do a number on the lawn

Old 03-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default pxt's vs xtr's

HeySten!- I told ya the XTR's are better than stock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I know stockies are good tires........but...................XTR's are awesome..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default pxt's vs xtr's

Originally posted by: brutus450
HeySten!- I told ya the XTR's are better than stock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I know stockies are good tires........but...................XTR's are awesome..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
never doubted ya. but now i can say " w/ experince on the 2" the only down side of taking out is now i want to update it(cost me money) and go riding.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Default pxt's vs xtr's

so sten i take it u took the 800 out???? and played in the snow????.....i had mi moms kawi out and rode around a little bit

Old 03-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default pxt's vs xtr's

I'll have to agree, the XTR's are much better in the snow. My 700 owns my neighbors 800 in the snowbanks...now he is getting XTR's!!