Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Riding in Baldwin, MI March 31st - April 1st (weather permitting)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in Baldwin, MI March 31st - April 1st (weather permitting)

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd extend the invitation. We're going up to Baldwin March 31st (leaving at like 8AM) and getting back later sunday night. We'll be riding mostly on the Leota loops, and probably heading for Tin Cup as well (depends if we get bored and want to load up... wish there was a trail rout there from leota :S! anyway, My group will be my 525 Law, an '06 500 'Law and an '04 Pred LE. One friend w/ a YFZ should be running by then and he will likely come too if his engine parts get here on time, another has a Pred 500, but it needs a timing chain which is taking FOREVER to get here... if it's not here by then he'll just bring his Dirt bike though, so there are 4 of us for sure so far [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]! whatever age/skill level is welcome, we all meet up at the stop signs and if someone doesn't show up, we go back to look for 'em. (usually engine problems...) so no matter how fast you want to go, you won't be pressured by a bunch of punk kids on sport quads. (we are a bunch of punk kids on sport quads, but there's no pressuring [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) anyway, if you want to join us, post here and i'll PM you when it gets closer and we know if the world will be ice or not and if or not we can go.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Walt,
Are you talking about Leota or Little Manistee/Lincoln Hills ? The latter is in the Baldwin area.
I'm probably going up on the 24th/25th. Was up on the 10th & the place was a mess, lots of slush & mud, which is good if you like it but was a little to cold to be getting wet. If you guys are going to make it give a shout, I may be up that weekend also. Always looking for riders since wife can't ride as much as she would like anymore and daughter is out of the game due to pregnancy. Like I said, give a shout if your going to make it and maybe I can add a couple people to your group, and even though I'm an old fart, I promise not to make you wait at the stop signs too long. Can't say the same for the son-in-law though.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Im going to the badlands on the 31st.Or else i wouldve like to go.But if any of you guys dont go to baldwin you guys are also welcome to come to the badlands.(dont mean to highjack or anything just thought id mention it.)I love ridin in the baldwin are alot.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

probably can't make it up on the 24th b/c we'll be rebuildin' my friend's YFZ that weekend... then he has 1 week to ride the hell out of it and if it stays together, he's comin' w/ us. Thanks for the invite tho guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

Scrambler,

Where do you guys unload at and/or stay up there. I've got a place not to far from Club 37 on the Little Manistee River with trail access. its not much , just a trailer on a couple acres , but it works.
If I'm up that weekend of 31/1 I'd still like to tag along if you guys don't mind. It'd be cool to ride fast w/bikes I don't have to wait for, even though I don't mind waiting , but its nice to chase every now and again, ya know.

Pat

Old 03-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Nathan,

I've been wanting to check out the Badlands, do you know if there are any rustic campgrounds there or nearby, I'd think making it a day trip would be a little much.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: firepitkeeper
Hey Nathan,

I've been wanting to check out the Badlands, do you know if there are any rustic campgrounds there or nearby, I'd think making it a day trip would be a little much.
Badlands has camping on their property. I've only been there once, and that was only to see what it looked like. Didn't do any wheeling. FYI flags are mantatory!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

kool..i just live down the road from baldwin in reed city..was thinking about going over to silver lake dunes on the 1st, but wouldnt mind hitting the trails over there in baldwin..keep me posted and i can meet you guys over there..been anxious to unleash one of the banshee's on a nice ride

Old 03-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

my buddys and myself ride sportsmans and we live near grandrapids... what are the baldwin trails like?
BALLLS DEEP WHEELIN

Old 03-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

so you guys know, the Baldwin trails are very wide and sandy which works well for sport riding which is why we go there so often. However it's not terribly consistent. I.E. sometimes if it has been raining it can get pretty muddy in some places, which is a fun break in the action, and keeps the dust down. Other times if it hasn't rained in weeks, its is REALLY DRY AND DUSTY. i anticipate it will be damp enough to keep dust down, but don't anticipate any real standing water, i.e. mud unless it rains a lot that week. Just a lot of sandy road-like trails, which we enjoy. We'll likely be camping at the very bottom of the trail system on MI-37, (northwest campground or something like that?) but if it is freezing, we'll stay in a hotel and put in at club 37, also on MI-37. I'll likely post here with the final decision at the beginning of next week when five day forcasts become available. PM me w/ cell #s if you'd rather be alerted that way or if you'd like a phone call saturday morning so we can meet w/ you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'll reply w/ my # also, which will be kept on us during the riding and checked periodically.

Quick Reply: Riding in Baldwin, MI March 31st - April 1st (weather permitting)