Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The hobby you save may be your own

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default The hobby you save may be your own

CDR, I live in Billerica, Mass. but don't ride here. I know there are some trails out in the Western part of the state, but haven't been that interested in them yet. I have my quads registered in VT because I have some land near trails in Barnard. Also, VT and NH are reciprocal so my friends and I have joined the Sullivan County ATV club in Claremont, NH. They have some challenging terrain to ride on and there is a nice rail trail for the trip in and out of Claremont. We park in Newport, NH and ride the 10 mile rail trail for warmup and slow down. I just joined last year and will be getting a little more involved with the club this year. Their website is SCATV

Stendori, I know what you mean. I'm considering moving in a couple years if possible to VT. The trails literally go through the upper part of our property and I'm cutting a trail from the lower part uphill to the VT trail system trail this year. I'd have to build though and the funds aren't there right now. So, I guess I'll have to keep loading them on the trailer for a while longer. We have it so rough here in the US. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea a couple of friends lived there. one lives down in the area and travels up here to ride w/ us on our trails. or course he did buy a house up here.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The biggest problem out there is our fellow off road enthusiasts. Some stray off the designated trails causing erosion/damage to pristine land. They leave their trash out there and they trespass. They are ruining it for all of us.
The first time we went riding after we got our atvs we saw two riders go around a no trespassing sign on a levy. They went up the side, shooting roosters the whole time. The levy district is trying to keep people off the levy as it protects a city and these tools are tearing it up.
No wonder they don't want anyone to ride there.

Up where we live now they go around locked gates and trespass. People out there have gold claims and they take their privacy seriously. Others have homes out there and don't want other people on their land. Some of them stop riders and call the cops. I have heard that they are carrying guns when they do.
Once again, fellow enthusiasts trying to ruin it for us all.

I had a rider on my land tearing it up. I asked him to leave and he told me he could ride where ever he wanted and what was I going to do about it. We ended up having a fistfight right there and when he got whipped, his wife called the cops on me. They took my side as the guy was trespassing.

Please don't trespass.
Please stay on the trails.
Please take out your trash. (I never got this one, you had enough room to bring it in.)

Old 03-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Oldsmoboat, you've got that part of the equation right on the mark. The best way to ride is to ride (and live) in such a way that no one can accuse you of the things he listed that people are doing. The group I ride with (about a 1/2 dozen guys) watches for closure signs and stays off the trails that are closed to atvs. It is the lack of respect of private land owner's rights that really gets people ticked off. You shouldn't have to tell people more than once to get off your property if they are not welcome. Once again, the hobby you save may be your own.