Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

h/c disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default h/c disappointment

well after taking it out for a test ride, i cant see any differnce from the stock set up. i thought it would be alot better, i guess the bigger tires arent helping. man he goes tuning 100 times.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

something cant be right....you put this on your 800 right??? what set up are you running, what spring.. i notices a good bottome end and mid-range gain on my lil 400 ,i am also running 27inch tires... have you tried in low yet???.. sorry to hear your not happy , i love my kit.. it is probaly my best mod, you should see the size of the rocks i am draging out of the field for my frt yard..4 wheels spinng all the time ,back up and strap it again and no belt smell or warm feeling at all, before even dragging my drive in low after a while i could smell belt... not anymore .. yep iam happy!!!!!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

the set up is stock/directions. 4.5 g in all 3 and white spring.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

i will lok at my instructions tomorrow and see if i can think any thing,, i sure you are right its gona be the tunning game....

Old 03-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

i got all my inst. and followed them to a tee. i said in another forum about the 450 set and a guy said it was the same as the 500. he said the 400 and 500 are the same, but there not in my directions.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

I noticed the biggest difference when I got in the mud holes. When my tires used to barely spin, now they are churning without any problem! Mine did however, wheelie much easier too, which was noticable on my driveway test drive. Now on the MV, I noticed a huge difference, but I think that is mainly due to an 800 primary, whick gives more bottom end! This reminds me, I have mine set to the 700 specs. I have an 800 primary and 700 engine, the guys that answered the H/C phone were about as rude as FITSofRAGE, so I never called them back. My point is, mine is at the 700 settings (2.5, 4.5, 4.5) and this thing is a BEAST. I am talking a 1000 lb wheelie machine. I know the directions say leave the weight the same, but just move it. But, mess with it and try it like mine. You should have great results, we have the same clutch, but your engine is stronger, and your quad is lighter. I know what yours will be doing. If, you don't like it, you know what to do! Or maybe try 3.5,4.5,4.5. I know what it is like hoping for great things, and being dissapointed, hang in there and try several things. Look for belt case rubbing too. If you want to see the ONLY way I was able to fix mine look here for my repair!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

yea i remeber yours rubbed into the belt case. mine is still off the bike. i think i expected too much. the biggest thing i thought it would wheelie alot better then it did. i also know you said that your stock spring caused it to wear grooves in it which i dont want so i stayed w/ the white h/c spring. people on other forums say to put the stock back in. who knows trail and error time i guess. i should have know better then have it be a easy fix.lol.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Okay you all your giving me "MOD FEVER".
If I can get the added benefits that you are
Onesavage, then I would like to buy this and
install it as I would like to install 27" during
hunting season for all the deep mud.

So with all the other talk about Heel Click
going out of business, where can I get
the kit and how much w/shipping?
Please advise and thanks you all for
all the good tips and info.!

R'

Old 04-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Did you get that thing dialed in yet?

Old 04-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

nope. ive come to the conclusion that my primary spring is junk. it has lost all of its compression. ive done some testing w/ the stock, and white spring rates w/ differnt weight set ups and i seem to be over reving on top. ive been talking to another guy on a differnt forum that is very knowledgable on these. i have decied to buy a couple of springs to get it dialed in. if this doesnt work then its going on mamma's bike. oh btw this other guy says he can get the h/c again.

Quick Reply: h/c disappointment