Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer Nightmare Continued

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer Nightmare Continued

I got my swingarm today and put everything back to the way it was before the rollover, well almost. First the pull starter is messed up. It recoils, but the rope doesn't go with it. I had this problem before and can't remember how I fixed it. Also, I had to take the driven clutch off to get at the swingarm bolts. Now there is a weird noise coming from the clutch cover. It sounds like something is rubbing. I heard it the last time I had the clutches out and it went away. It seems worse this time. What could I have done to screw it up? Should I be worried? It also seems like it smokes a little more and wants to bogg down slightly if that makes a difference. The saga continues...

Old 04-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it could be smoking more because of the roll over getting excess oil in the engine. i would be worreid about the clucth noise. worht pulling cover off and checking it out. watch what it does when running w/ cover off.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I pulled the cover and checked it earlier tonight and it seemed to be running fine. Nothing looked out of place or anything. It just sounds like something is rubbing somewhere. There is no burining smell or smoke coming from the clutches. Would there be a way for the driven clutch to be pushed too far on the shaft to the tranny casuing it to rub?

Old 04-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

I fixed the clutch problem. It was rubbing against the back of the cover. Now for the pull starter... it is broken. I treid to fix it and there is just no way. I need to get a new one, but can't justify the $200 to buy it. I looked ob Ebay and there were none that fit for under $150. Does anyone know where to get one at a good price?

Old 04-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

i would try to find a atv salvage yard. i know there a few maybe check on line for one or maybe someone knows the names on them.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:40 PM

i almost think that there was a place in vermont but i cant reamber the name of it

Old 04-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

why do you need the WHOLE pull starter , when i rebuilt mine the most $$ part was the spring at like 30.00 .. cant you just replace whats broke.?.. if it comes to a take off assembly i have seen them on e-bay for like 50.00.. take it apart and try to fix it........ porbaly just the spring..... savage out!!!

Trending Topics

Old 04-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

I took a good look at it. It is hard to explain, but on the inside of the cover there are these plastic pieces. Those are all broken. The spring is fine. I would feel better getting a "new" one so it doesn't leave me stranded.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

Update: I have several salvage yards looking for a pull starter for me. There are two on EBay, but i don't want to wait 6 days for the auction to end, but will if I have to. I have now started to work on the electric start again. The battery is fine. I tried to jump it and still did nothing. The starter doesn't click or anything. The starter looks to be new and all the connections are clean. Should I look in the solenoid that is mounted near the battery? Sometimes when I run it tthrough water or after a day of riding the elctric starts work great, so it would lead me to think that the starter is not the problem. I hate electrical gremlins!

Old 04-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

w/ the key on use a heavy jumper wire and go from one side of the solinoide to the other on the big wires and this should by pass the solinoide. if it turns the starter over then thats the problem.

Quick Reply: Trailblazer Nightmare Continued