Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Heelclicker out of business

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Heelclicker out of business

ok, heres my .02 on this. since ive read a million post(at least it seems it) and ive found a few good info area's. atvsquadsquard.com has a guy called cajun that is the most informed on the h/c just from his testing he has done. unfortunitly for my self ive tested it (the h/c kit) on my 800 and dont see enough of a benefit to keep it in.i tested mine alot of differnt ways and w/out buying more ssprings for testing and tuning i decided to pull it out and try it on my 450.now i have 27" tires(measures bigger) so the stock set up really doesnt work as well. so anyways for me i decided its not worth it to screw w/ it. i played this expensive game when i raced my sled,buying springs,weights and what not. as far as cob goes he is a knowledgeable guy as well and is now selling the kits again, and from what i read last night there is now a guy on that forum that actually works for heel clicker. try going over there (not h/L forum) and talking to him. remeber this is just my opinion and shouldnt taken as 100% truth for some one esles machine.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Stendori - Does your belt slip? Can you get the front end in the air?

I have the same tires but on a 700 and my belt does slip - sometimes even in low gear???. Your bike is more powerfull so it must??? I am not so concerned with doing wheelies but have "glazed" a few belts and was hoping the h/c would just give me better belt grab. I also do not want to loose top end speed as my grizzly friends will never let me live it down. What to do... What to do...

PS - You guys rule!! I am new to this sport/hobby and have become totally obsessed!!!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

That sucks!!

Old 04-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dangerousdon
Hey Stendori - Does your belt slip? Can you get the front end in the air?

I have the same tires but on a 700 and my belt does slip - sometimes even in low gear???. Your bike is more powerfull so it must??? I am not so concerned with doing wheelies but have "glazed" a few belts and was hoping the h/c would just give me better belt grab. I also do not want to loose top end speed as my grizzly friends will never let me live it down. What to do... What to do...

PS - You guys rule!! I am new to this sport/hobby and have become totally obsessed!!!!!
On my 05 700carb i'm runnin a Polaris white spring in the primary with a weight change and have no problems pulling the front end skyward in low or high. Also I'm running a bumper and winch in the front and turning 27 inch XTR's. No belt grab and can run all the way up to 6200+ rpm's. I should also add that I'm running the 800 primary, but if yours is an 06 it should have it too. 40 bucks for my clutch kit and it pulls hard.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

no the belt doesnt slip. there isnt enough differmce to me in the adding of the h/c kit w/ alot differnt set ups ive tried. i could pulll the wheels up just as easy w/out the kit so theres no advantage there.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

Jayri - I must have missed something... How was your kit only $40? Could it be that my Polaris dealer was right and I just need to change a spring??? That would be a first!!! lol

Does my 06 700 have an 800 primary? That sounds very Polaris!!!

ps COB has lots of h/c kits and is working on a new website for support. $179 or so...

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

looks like the only differnce between the 2 is the weight is differnt.