Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

IS THERE/OR ISN'T THERE A FUSE??~ ~ UPDATE !

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS THERE/OR ISN'T THERE A FUSE??

Howdy Y'all, the low beam lights on my 2004 600 twin will not come on. They are seperate from the main head light (brite). Is there a fuse for the lower beams?? And if so can you please tell me where it is located??

BOYYYYY it's terrible to be so dumb [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Any and all help greatly appreciated....

rick

Old 04-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you know rick that isnt being dumb. its called not knowing like the rest of us until we find out. anyways i must be dumb as well because i dont know where the fuse would be. although im pretty sure there isnt one.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chance of both being burnt out are very slim to none!!!!
I would first take one out of the socket then with the quad running....put a volt meter in the two openings in the socket!!...Make sure the meter is on the voltage selection!!!

Be careful when touching the bulb...I use a paper-towel or something that will not leave your finger-prints on..This test will tell you if you are getting app. 12 volts at the bulb!!!!
If not this low and high beam lights are directed through the Black Box.(Sure Power Industries)
It will be better if someone on here can look up your quad in a service Manual and trace back the wiring for you!!!!.....Then go from there!!!.....Caper.........

Old 04-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer

Hey thanks Sten & Caper, I am off on an all day trail ride. Gonna take 13 other quads (thankfully I am the leader so no DUST for me) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so will have to check that out on Monday after the Easter weekend.

I flipped mine over last week, and broke the front rack in half, and yesterday I put on a new rack so maybe I pulled something loose or drilled through something installing my horn on the new rack, ohhhhhhhhhhhh well maybe you are right Caper, hopefully someone on here has an elec diagram......

Y'all Have A Blessed & Joyfull Easter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

rick

Old 04-07-2007, 10:33 AM

Well if you flipped it and broke the front rack.........Then it could be both bulbs blew out from the vibration this is what I would check first...........Just take a buddies bulb out when on your ride and plug it in to yours to see if it lights up..........Have fun ......Be safe........And stay in front of the dust!!!!...Caper......

Old 04-07-2007, 10:37 AM

Oh!!!! watch out for snakes !!!!!.........What is the HORN for?????.....Caper......

Old 04-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

Hmmmmm you might be right, I will check the bulbs with an ohm meter......GREAT RIDE today, saw three "buzzzzz tails" one of them slimmey little rascles got after my dog, but don't have a head no moe !! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ...... 6 mountain goats, 3 burrow, herd of wild mustangs (to fast to count), and 6 javalina..........

Thanks Caper

rick

Old 04-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default IS THERE/OR ISN'T THERE A FUSE??~ ~ UPDATE !

UPDATE 04/07/2007 ~ ~ Wellllllllllllllllll what can I say ????? I think once a bike has been violently turned upside down, it would probably be a GOOD IDEA to check and see if the plugs on the lights became DISSSSSSCONNECTED !!

Hmmmmmmmmm what can I say ??? All is working well now that they have been plugged back in.....duhhhhhhhh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

rick

Old 04-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can we say ooppps lol. welcome to i cant beleave i did that club rick. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

Well if it takes any kind of stupidity to belong, I should be the El Presidente !!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: IS THERE/OR ISN'T THERE A FUSE??~ ~ UPDATE !