Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Honest Replys about Polaris please

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007 | 06:24 PM
Range Rover
Default Honest Replys about Polaris please

Reliability for Polaris really isn?t an issue. You will find that the main components (Motor, Transmission, Starter, 4x4 system, etc?) of your Polaris ATV will last just as long as or longer than any other ATV. Polaris ATV often requires more maintenance for smaller things like bushings and Tie Rod Ends. Most of the maintenance replacements/ repairs are very easy to do and can be done by anyone who knows how to hold a wrench.

In my opinion the reason Polaris go through more bushings, bearings and Tie Rods is mostly because of weight and performance. Polaris ATV?s can be ridden very hard very comfortably, they are the nicest riding quad on the market today, it is because of this plush ride many Polaris owners are able to push their machines very hard without discomfort. Weight is also an issue for the premature wearing out of some components.

Old 04-10-2007 | 06:32 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Very well said!!!!!
I have a question here to ask also ....Not to take over the Thread ..But 700vtwinman might want to know also!!
How long has this AWD hub system been around and used by Polaris???..Auto 4X4........
...............Caper............

Old 04-10-2007 | 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

is this the plastic v. metal cage deal???

Old 04-11-2007 | 12:08 AM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombaman
is this the plastic v. metal cage deal???
Not sure what you mean. Can you please explain or is this a bashing comment?????

As far as the polaris AWD, I believe they have had it since the started making 4 wheel atv's and have refinded it ever since. From what I understand, it is bullet proof.

Old 04-11-2007 | 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

I have owned five Polaris ATVs. The one I abused most & also had the most hours and miles on was coincidentally the first one I bought (as well as the one which took all my mistakes that a first time rider makes), which was the 2002 Sportsman 500 HO. I put over 100 hours on it in six months time, which is pretty good considering I only rode it on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons. Can't remember the mileage, but in the time I had it, I only chewed up a c.v. joint and a tie rod end. It lived through rollovers, plenty of time at wide open throttle, and one hydro-locked piston from a river adventure that got too deep. Never did it leave me stranded in the woods. I was able to get it going after the hydro-locking with the tools in the provided tool bag after about an hour. That beast got traded in for a 2002 Sportsman 700, which didn't see much action due to life changing with the introduction of children into the marriage. Along the way I bought a 2003 Predator 500 and although it was heavy for a sport quad, it was extremely powerful and never once had any issues with it. Got back into the 4X4 market with a 2006 Sportsman 500 EFI and loved it with the exception of my desire for the power that the 700 had, so back to the dealer it went within two months for a trade toward the 2006 800 EFI that I have now. I can tell you that along the way, others with other branded ATVs in our group did not share my fate with their ATVs nor with the damage that their bodies incurred from "lesser" machines inability to do what the Polaris does with ease.

Old 04-12-2007 | 06:20 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks for the replys. I am trying to get the best price for a SP800efi X2 Deluex. So far, no one around here wants to come off MSRP and most of them are adding all these bogus fees. I do have one place about 5 hours away that will sell it OTD for the MSRP and that includes a 5 year warranty. Then there is Abernathys in Union City, TN that will sell it OTD for $8249 + Texas sales tax and $899 for the 5 year warranty, which comes out to about $9800. Unfortunally, Abernathys is 705 miles away, which would be a two day trip. If someone else knows of a dealer that has good polaris deals, please let me know. Again, thanks for the replys.

Old 04-12-2007 | 06:51 PM
Trailblazer

Many dealers give you that "we are only making $50 on this machine" line. Don't believe it!!

A friend printed out an ebay auction for a 800 sportsman and brought it to a dealer that would not budge. They did not match the price but came off MSRP by $600! There is no x2 currently listed but you may be able to ask a seller to list one??

Are you sure you need that $900 warranty? What is the deductable as they do vary? Is it Polaris or GE. My bike came with the 3 year promotion. The first 6 months was Polaris and the remaining 30 months was/is GE. Although I have not needed it yet I hear that they cover NOTHING and claim "abuse" causes everything...

Old 04-12-2007 | 06:54 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

I have a 2000 model, so I guess it was in the "problem years" ?

I haven't had any that weren't caused by me. I honestly thought the motor would have given up by now. It was the one that everyone rode at the family gatherings. Got the most abuse out of all the ones the family has had. So my biggest expense to fix in 7 years? (other than when it was rolled) A new battery.

As with any brand, maintanance will make it last a lot longer.

Old 04-12-2007 | 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello--My son and his buddies have been riding atc's and atv's extremely hard since they where little,actually beating the heck out of them is more like it.No problem there the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.We ride hard 95% of the time and I will say that I would not trade our 04 500ho or 03 and 2 05 700s in for any other machine.Not knocking any other brand becuase we do have a yamaha and a couple hondas but we ride the polaris machines all the time.I have put alot of time and money into both the 04 and 03 sportsmans(the two 05 700s are hunting machines) but they are our swamping machines and almost all the major issues where becuase of bad choices on our parts.I like all brands of atc/atvs but theres nothing better than to get back on my polaris.

Old 04-12-2007 | 11:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dangerousdon
Many dealers give you that "we are only making $50 on this machine" line. Don't believe it!!

A friend printed out an ebay auction for a 800 sportsman and brought it to a dealer that would not budge. They did not match the price but came off MSRP by $600! There is no x2 currently listed but you may be able to ask a seller to list one??

Are you sure you need that $900 warranty? What is the deductable as they do vary? Is it Polaris or GE. My bike came with the 3 year promotion. The first 6 months was Polaris and the remaining 30 months was/is GE. Although I have not needed it yet I hear that they cover NOTHING and claim "abuse" causes everything...
The warranty is I believe from polaris. It is on their website. If the 3 year promotion was going on, I wouldn't bother, but since it comes with a 6 month warranty, I would like to get it extended. The one of the dealers said polaris is coming out with an 8 year warranty. Amazing to say the least. I bet it will cost $1500 or better. I would like a 3 or 4 year warranty. If something is going to break, it would have probably done it by then. I did the same thing will all my kawies that I have owned, but their 4 yr extended warranty for my bf750 was only $550.

I am actually not in a rush, so I might might wait to see if polaris offers another promotional. Then again, I am only human.....LOL.

Quick Reply: Honest Replys about Polaris please