Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer Brakes?

Ok As everyone knows i have an o1 trailblazer, im finally starting to need those bake breaks, but how what do i do?..Me and my dad bled them and followed the lines, everything looks all right, i just haven't checked the ads or the caliper, is there something else i can do? since the back breaks don't catch at all.

WHAT can i do?

Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

we couldnt figure it out on my dads TB400 either.. we bled them and and we had just replaced the pads but nothing with did would work and we never figured it out, he stopped riding it so we can sell it so we havnt worried too much about it, but it would be nice to know what to do to fix it if you figure out the problem

Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

PROBALY NEEDS A REAR CALIPER IS IT GOING IN AND OUT.......

Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have a trailblazer around 2000 - cant remember. OK - I didnt have rear brakes from the day I bought it - brake pedal goes right to the floor right? mine DID. I checked everything and it all looks good.

SO - do you wanna fix it? This is what I did and it worked for me and now I have rear brakes like you are supposed to.

I found it to be really complicated [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Get a drink, Get on you quad, get mad at your brake pedal, and while holding your drink put your foot on the pedal, start pressing down and releasing with your foot. GO AS FAST AS YOU CAN ( and I mean GO NUTS).............AS LONG AS YOU CAN - UNTIL WHAMMMM........YOU GOT PRESSURE. Then keep doing it for another 5 minutes until full pressure is there.

I got po'd one night and just started goin balistic with my foot AND IT WORKED. So, the pressure lasted all season and I had to do it again this year after it sat all winter. I dont know whats going wrong but it fixes mine

Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

try laying a brick on the pedal overnite ........

Old 04-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Range Rover

I had the same problem with mine...I bleed the heck out of it and it's fine now works like new and has lasted well over a year now. (when I say I bleed it....I mean I bleed it 50 or more times....I went through a 8-10 ounces of fluid basically I bleed it enough to change all the fluid)

Make sure to bleed both front and rear at the rear.

My best guess is air gets in the system and works its way to the highest point and needs to be pushed all the way back out.

The problem is the rear brake master cyl is at the floor board height and the caliper is a little lower but the hose runs up to the frame area then back down to the caliper.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Ok ill let my dad now and see if we can fix them, if these suggestions dont work..

You guys think i should start with the master cylinder first ? or the rear brake caliper?

Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

start by making sure when you squeeze the brake handle that the caliper pistons are moving the brake pads.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Ok have to small rectangle shaped brings on top of the foot brake now, and tomorrow ill check it and stuff..

This weekend ill see if me and my dad can bleed em again and make surr everything is moving alright, if not i assume its the rear caliaper if its not moving or the master cylinder?

bUt I dont understand why the front works fine just the rears dont..

Old 04-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Ok so i had the bricks on there and it did nothing, what shall i do now?

New rear caliper?

Quick Reply: Trailblazer Brakes?